GDT: G1 Ducks @ Sharks | 7:30 Pac

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Terry's just not handling the puck. Could be nerves. That was his strength in College

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Terry has been randomly good defensively but every puck is fumbling away, I think he will be better in the 2nd/3rd.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Terry's just not handling the puck. Could be nerves. That was his strength in College

I don’t think it’s nerves as he’s looked like this most of preseason. Just seems like he’s not ready for speed of game. The skills are there, just looks like he needs to play in AHL to get used to playing against bigger, quicker guys.

Reactions: KyleJRM

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Steel needs to work on his footspeed and board work for sure as well.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don’t think it’s nerves as he’s looked like this most of preseason. Just seems like he’s not ready for speed of game. The skills are there, just looks like he needs to play in AHL to get used to playing against bigger, quicker guys.
I don't think he looked like this in preseason.

You need to give it more time before you can say all that, not saying you are wrong though

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
From what I watched I hated how often they just weak dumped and changed. Clear possession just given up.

Second, not doing a great job putting the puck in places we could forecheck.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The Steel line is just awful. He’s not ready for nhl either (again, been saying that for weeks). Aberg is terrible
I don't think that Steel is the problem there. Cogs has looked a little shaky with the puck, tonight, and Aberg is hot trash.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
In the pleasant surprise department, Rowney is faster than I thought he’d be.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
No, just retiring Bieksa.
doreen.jpg

Reactions: Exit Dose

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Best thing about that period is the team mentality regarding speed doesn't seem to have been bullshit. But almost the entire roster top to bottom was terribly sloppy on the puck.

Schenn already looks like Bieksa but slightly faster.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Scrambly is pretty much the only word to describe that period. They were skating, but in the manner of chickens with their heads cut off. But hey, at least they’re skating. Infinitely more interesting to watch.

Reactions: HanSolo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad