GDT: G1 Ducks @ Sharks | 7:30 Pac

Status
Not open for further replies.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
It's been one game and this team has a knack for going back to horrible old habits when the going gets tough. He'll get the credit he deserves if he gets this team playing in this new style for the whole season.

That is true. But, it's a least a start and that's better than not starting at all. Many here thought RC wasn't even capable of it. So it's something. As of game 1 there's reason for optimism.

Don't let the idea that someone might take a dump on your head tomorrow, stop you from living like your head is steaming dump free today! I think Confucius said that.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I want to keep it together... i think when they get used to each other those pairings will get most out of all 4 players. If fowler wasnt such ass vs san jose everyone is prob fine

Lindholm didn't have a particularly good game, and Manson was ass too. The only defenseman in the top 4 who stood out in a good way was Montour. This isn't all on Fowler.

Everyone needs to be better. It's as simple as that. Changing the pairings after the first game is premature no matter what happened.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
A little late to the party on the "8 years for goalies" debate. 8 years for any goalie would make me a little nervous when the 8 years include an elite salary. Gibson's deal doesn't. The odds of him becoming a goalie not worth this salary, especially considering where salaries are going, aren't worrisome. Also, IMO fans overestimate a little how much goaltender's play fluctuates. Their numbers fluctuate, and people tend to just use that as a proxy uncritically for a lack of other tools at their disposal.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
A little late to the party on the "8 years for goalies" debate. 8 years for any goalie would make me a little nervous when the 8 years include an elite salary. Gibson's deal doesn't. The odds of him becoming a goalie not worth this salary, especially considering where salaries are going, aren't worrisome. Also, IMO fans overestimate a little how much goaltender's play fluctuates. Their numbers fluctuate, and people tend to just use that as a proxy uncritically for a lack of other tools at their disposal.

Theres no doubt in my mind that, knock on wood, if Gibson is largely great throughout the course of the deal, a lot of people will point to a down year to justify their prior takes.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad