G Spencer Knight (2019, 13th, FLA)

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Kid is an absolute beast! In an ideal world Panthers fans would be fine to wait for him with Bobrovsky in net but alas....looks like they could use Knight now! Hopefully he doesn't get rushed though and gets the Schneider/Gibson treatment (a couple years in the AHL, followed by backup duties before taking the reins).

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Kid is an absolute beast! In an ideal world Panthers fans would be fine to wait for him with Bobrovsky in net but alas....looks like they could use Knight now! Hopefully he doesn't get rushed though and gets the Schneider/Gibson treatment (a couple years in the AHL, followed by backup duties before taking the reins).

The Panthers won't rush him. Zito is a smart GM. It won't do any good to put a 20 year old in net and ruin his confidence.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
How much longer at Boston College do you think?
It's 100% up to Knight imo. If he wants to sign after this season, you sign him and be very happy. If he wants to go back to BC for another year, you honor that request as well.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Last year.

It's 100% up to Knight imo. If he wants to sign after this season, you sign him and be very happy. If he wants to go back to BC for another year, you honor that request as well.
Thanks for the responses.

Where does Driedger fit into this? He's been a bit of a surprise for the Panthers this year. I take it he's just a convenient stopgap - and potential trade bait? - as it's not like you can do anything with Bobrovsky.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Thanks for the responses.

Where does Driedger fit into this? He's been a bit of a surprise for the Panthers this year. I take it he's just a convenient stopgap - and potential trade bait? - as it's not like you can do anything with Bobrovsky.
I’d be shocked if he was a panther next year.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Excited to see how he does in the AHL.
Florida's AHL team took the year off because of COVID, so they are sending prospects to Tampa's team in Syracuse. Samual Montembeault is only active goalie listed on their roster now, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Florida's AHL team took the year off because of COVID, so they are sending prospects to Tampa's team in Syracuse. Samual Montembeault is only active goalie listed on their roster now, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.
It wouldn't shock me if he doesn't get any AHL time this year, but next year he should get plenty.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
So if it was a matter of just getting NHL practices in, he'd stay on the taxi squad right? "Activating" him means they plan on having him play/backup?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
So if it was a matter of just getting NHL practices in, he'd stay on the taxi squad right? "Activating" him means they plan on having him play/backup?
Most likely it's so he gets the experience behind the scenes+a NHL paycheck (AHL salary if on taxi squad). Q's confirmed that he will likely get a game this season but I doubt the first game against Dallas (we are on a two game losing streak)

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Not a bad idea to let Tampa develop all your prospects. :laugh:

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Not watching the game but his stats are looking pretty good so far in his debut

Attachments

• 48805862-E7C3-462E-AC88-9ABB7F552E50.png
    48805862-E7C3-462E-AC88-9ABB7F552E50.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: William H Bonney

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Congrats kid. I assume Bobrovsky has been better this year than last but this kid is going to give him and Dreiger some competition to get into games soon. Probably needs a full year in the AHL but if he can play good and hemp you win now than you play him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad