G Spencer Knight (2019, 13th, FLA)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
And another shutout for Spencer. Now 3 SO in his last 4 starts.
Really rooting for the kid.

Curious to see if Florida goes out to get another stopgap backup for Bob or if they're confident going with Knight again. In theory, they could park Knight in Charlotte for one more season but I don't think they can afford to keep Stolarz who surely must have played himself out of Florida with an excellent season.

Rooting for Knight but I'm happy for Stolarz as well who was always a goalie with lots of upside but had his career derailed by terrible injuries. He should get paid now and I hope he finds a good home elsewhere.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Curious to see if Florida goes out to get another stopgap backup for Bob or if they're confident going with Knight again. In theory, they could keep Knight in Charlotte for one more season but I don't think they can afford to keep Stolarz who surely must have played himself out of Florida with an excellent season.

Rooting for Knight but I'm happy for Stolarz as well who was always a goalie with lots of upside but had his career derailed by terrible injuries. He should get paid now and I hope he finds a good home elsewhere.
Wondering the same thing. On the plus side Knight has played over 40 games for the first time in his career.

At the same time, Stolarz is having the best season of his career with a GAA under 2.00; and will likely not command the $4.5 million salary that Knight has.

An intriguing decision to make.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
wouldnt be shocked if they just sign another 1 year back up, start knight in the AHL, if he plays well enough by around Christmas/new year they start thinking about bringing him up to get him some games to get ready for a bigger load for the following year.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Wondering the same thing. On the plus side Knight has played over 40 games for the first time in his career.

At the same time, Stolarz is having the best season of his career with a GAA under 2.00; and will likely not command the $4.5 million salary that Knight has.

An intriguing decision to make.

Maybe not 4,5 but probably close to that. Certainly more than the Panthers will be able to afford. Look at how many FA's the Panthers have to sign. Counting 11 UFA's and 2 RFA's myself. Panthers also have the 10 Mio Bob caphit and the 3,35 Mio Knight buried penalty. So if they wish to keep Knight in Charlotte they'd use 13,35 Mio of their cap on goalies already. There's just no room for Stolarz. It has to be somebody on a near league minimum contract or Spencer Knight himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Maybe not 4,5 but probably close to that. Certainly more than the Panthers will be able to afford. Look at how many FA's the Panthers have to sign. Counting 11 UFA's and 2 RFA's myself. Panthers also have the 10 Mio Bob caphit and the 3,35 Mio Knight buried penalty. So if they wish to keep Knight in Charlotte they'd use 13,35 Mio of their cap on goalies already. There's just no room for Stolarz. It has to be somebody on a near league minimum contract or Spencer Knight himself.
Starting July 1st, Bob has to submit a 16 team no trade list. Stolarz has been terrific and could help Knight come in. I don’t expect both Ek and Bob to be on the team next season. Both have to submit lists.

They may also move Knight and re-sign Stolarz again, but they cannot keep all 3.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Starting July 1st, Bob has to submit a 16 team no trade list. Stolarz has been terrific and could help Knight come in. I don’t expect both Ek and Bob to be on the team next season. Both have to submit lists.

They may also move Knight and re-sign Stolarz again, but they cannot keep all 3.

Bob has done well lately but no GM in his right mind is gonna take on that contract without significant compensation. Are the Panthers willing to gi there to unload a Bob still doing well? I don't think so. Spencer Knight is the single best goalie prospect currently outside of the NHL and is totally not gonna get traded. I think the chances of Stolarz still being in Florida after Free Agency are pretty slim. He's gonna get paid but most certainly not by the Panthers.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Bob has done well lately but no GM in his right mind is gonna take on that contract without significant compensation. Are the Panthers willing to gi there to unload a Bob still doing well? I don't think so. Spencer Knight is the single best goalie prospect currently outside of the NHL and is totally not gonna get traded. I think the chances of Stolarz still being in Florida after Free Agency are pretty slim. He's gonna get paid but most certainly not by the Panthers.
Who said they’d move by at full contract? Stolie may move on, depends on what Zito can do. No one saw Forsling re-signing for what he did.

FriarChill

Jan 31, 2023
Another quality start for Mr. Knight. 21 Saves in a 1-0 OT loss. Just stat watching though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad