Confirmed with Link: (G)Sergei Bobrovsky 7yr @ 10 mil

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I had Bob making one save that I don't think would have been made last year.
It was a breakaway save in the first where he slid on his stomach and made as nice right pad save. I don't think are either Luo or Reimer would have made that save, due to quickness or powerful slide.
I don't think Reimer has the same power as Bob does for that move, and Lou had definitely lost his cross crease quickness.
As for really nice saves, I lost count around 5 for Bob, as I wasn't keeping track with pen and paper. He made 38 saves, and I feel like if he wasn't in net we could have easily been down by four or five heading into the Third.

Great to see him playing so well!

Therefore:

27/2=13.5 saves
13.5 saves/25 games

0.54 saves not made last year/game

Just re-watching the first. Vs Ottawa. I feel like that was a really great period by him. Numerous really good saves.
The first save was at the four and a half minute Mark into the first. He saved a three-person screen deflection by big BT. After the 5 hole save, he made a quick rebound save with the right pad immediately after again on him. Rebound was cleared to Brown, where he slid across the net and made another great right pad safe.
Bob had a shot go flush off the post that beat him with 11:40 left in the frame. Surprise, it was blocker side. Although, he is making some good blocker saves the last few games.
Add 3:50 Bob made an excellent partial Breakaway save on big BT. He really stood his ground and made a nice right pad save as he cut in from the right side.

That's the end of the first, and as far as I'll re-watch. Panthers from what I remember owned the second, and the third was a snoozefest.

In conclusion, I did not have Bob make any saves that wouldn't have been made last season.

Therefore:

27/2=13.5 saves
13.5 saves/26 games

0.52 saves not made last year/game

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just re-watching the first. Vs Ottawa. I feel like that was a really great period by him. Numerous really good saves.
The first save was at the four and a half minute Mark into the first. He saved a three-person screen deflection by big BT. After the 5 hole save, he made a quick rebound save with the right pad immediately after again on him. Rebound was cleared to Brown, where he slid across the net and made another great right pad safe.
Bob had a shot go flush off the post that beat him with 11:40 left in the frame. Surprise, it was blocker side. Although, he is making some good blocker saves the last few games.
Add 3:50 Bob made an excellent partial Breakaway save on big BT. He really stood his ground and made a nice right pad save as he cut in from the right side.

That's the end of the first, and as far as I'll re-watch. Panthers from what I remember owned the second, and the third was a snoozefest.

In conclusion, I did not have Bob make any saves that wouldn't have been made last season.

Therefore:

27/2=13.5 saves
13.5 saves/26 games

0.52 saves not made last year/game

No saves not made last year tonight.

I did think he made two really good saves though, one three minutes into the third, and one with the 2 and 1/2 minutes left in the third.

Therefore:

27/2=13.5 saves
13.5 saves/27 games

0.50 saves not made last year/game

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
No saves not made last year tonight.

I did think he made two really good saves though, one three minutes into the third, and one with the 2 and 1/2 minutes left in the third.

Therefore:

27/2=13.5 saves
13.5 saves/27 games

Even though the Panthers lost pretty good, I had Bob making one Right pad save that I don't think would have been made last year. With 4:20 left in the game, he stopped someone on a breakaway. He pushed off with his left and made a nice sliding right pad save. I've mentioned it before, I don't think Reimer was quick enough to make those saves, and Lou wasn't quick or strong enough to make those saves.

Most of the goals allowed I don't think we're his fault other than the 4th? Goal. By that point I thought the game was well out of hand.

Therefore:

28/2=14 saves
14 saves/28 games

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Even though the Panthers lost pretty good, I had Bob making one Right pad save that I don't think would have been made last year. With 4:20 left in the game, he stopped someone on a breakaway. He pushed off with his left and made a nice sliding right pad save. I've mentioned it before, I don't think Reimer was quick enough to make those saves, and Lou wasn't quick or strong enough to make those saves.

Most of the goals allowed I don't think we're his fault other than the 4th? Goal. By that point I thought the game was well out of hand.

Therefore:

28/2=14 saves
14 saves/28 games

I didn't have Bob making any saves last game that wouldn't have been made last year.

He did make two really good saves I thought.

The one Bob pushed off with his left and made a right arm save, I think it was on a Montreal power play.
The other one was a save that Goldie was raving about. The puck went left-to-right and he made a low glove save. To me though it kind of seemed like the puck was shot right in his glove and he might have got a bit lucky. Either way, it was a good save.

Three of the goals were again high blocker side. I think it was the third goal that was somewhat weak.

Therefore:

28/2=14 saves
14 saves/29 games

0.48 saves not made last year/game

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I didn't have Bob making any saves last game that wouldn't have been made last year.

He did make two really good saves I thought.

The one Bob pushed off with his left and made a right arm save, I think it was on a Montreal power play.
The other one was a save that Goldie was raving about. The puck went left-to-right and he made a low glove save. To me though it kind of seemed like the puck was shot right in his glove and he might have got a bit lucky. Either way, it was a good save.

Three of the goals were again high blocker side. I think it was the third goal that was somewhat weak.

Therefore:

28/2=14 saves
14 saves/29 games

3:35 in...

No way Luongo or Reimer make that robbery even if it was lucky imo.
Bob got his pad in good position to close the gap between his glove.
Lu's glove let him down the last year and a half and his left/right hip would have blown out doing the same thing as Bob
Reimer would duck and lift his glove high and it'd go right by his left side.

Bob seems to struggle early in games and gets better as he goes. 3rd period he is typically at his best when we do need it.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

3:35 in...

No way Luongo or Reimer make that robbery even if it was lucky imo.
Bob got his pad in good position to close the gap between his glove.
Lu's glove let him down the last year and a half and his left/right hip would have blown out doing the same thing as Bob
Reimer would duck and lift his glove high and it'd go right by his left side.

Bob seems to struggle early in games and gets better as he goes. 3rd period he is typically at his best when we do need it.

I probably should have looked at the saves again before I did this. The game was two days ago.

I remember this save. I remember thinking no way Reimer makes the save, but I gave Lou the benefit of the doubt. But you're right, now that I'm thinking about it more, Luo didn't make a lot of nice glove saves last year, so he probably wouldn't have made that one. Talking this out made me realize that maybe the save wasn't made last season.

Correction:

Therefore:

29/2=14.5 saves
14.5 saves/29 games

0.5 saves not made last year/game

( Thanks for the help @ThePatientPanther )

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I probably should have looked at the saves again before I did this. The game was two days ago.

I remember this save. I remember thinking no way Reimer makes the save, but I gave Lou the benefit of the doubt. But you're right, now that I'm thinking about it more, Luo didn't make a lot of nice glove saves last year, so he probably wouldn't have made that one. Talking this out made me realize that maybe the save wasn't made last season.

Correction:

Therefore:

29/2=14.5 saves
14.5 saves/29 games

0.5 saves not made last year/game

( Thanks for the help @ThePatientPanther )

Don't change it on my opinion. Just felt Lu's lateral movement would have had him slower and more out of position, not as quick reflexes as Bob.

For me, Luongo was pretty good at start of games and would fade late in games, which is understandable at 39-40, I remember a few games he'd close it out or shut it down in the 3rd but not like Bob of late.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Don't change it on my opinion. Just felt Lu's lateral movement would have had him slower and more out of position, not as quick reflexes as Bob.

For me, Luongo was pretty good at start of games and would fade late in games, which is understandable at 39-40, I remember a few games he'd close it out or shut it down in the 3rd but not like Bob of late.
I felt Luo would have made the glove save, but I didn't Realize Luo wouldn't have pushed off with that strength to get in position to make that save.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I didn't have Bob making any saves that wouldn't have been made last year.

Bob was fairly shaky before the first TV timeout, when his tribute video played. I am imagine emotions were at an all-time high for him in this game.

I did have Bob making 2 nice saves thouh.

The first one was at the 14:00 remaining of the first. He made a nice save on the shooter after he deked MM? out, no rebound in tight on that save.

The other save I have him making was that the 2:12 Mark of the first remaining. He had a nice right pad kick save, he showed total rebound control.

I thought three of the goals he allowed were reasonable, but the fourth goal was a common occurrence this year , as it went in high blocker. Bob really has to get that corner of the net figured out.

Therefore:

29/2=14.5 saves
14.5 saves/30 games

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I didn't have Bob making any saves that wouldn't have been made last year.

Bob was fairly shaky before the first TV timeout, when his tribute video played. I am imagine emotions were at an all-time high for him in this game.

I did have Bob making 2 nice saves thouh.

The first one was at the 14:00 remaining of the first. He made a nice save on the shooter after he deked MM? out, no rebound in tight on that save.

The other save I have him making was that the 2:12 Mark of the first remaining. He had a nice right pad kick save, he showed total rebound control.

I thought three of the goals he allowed were reasonable, but the fourth goal was a common occurrence this year , as it went in high blocker. Bob really has to get that corner of the net figured out.

Therefore:

29/2=14.5 saves
14.5 saves/30 games

I didn't have Bob making any save tonight that I think wouldn't have been made last year.

I didn't even have him making any really good saves tonight.

The first goal allowed I thought was a total fluke, kind of volleyed alley-opp'd over his head and in the net. The Third I thought was just a bad look and a nice pass by the Ottawa player the other way around the back of the net.

The thing I do have a problem with is a second goal. It was partially screened Slap Shot from the point, but it beat Bob high blocker. It feels like every game I'm tracking a goal allowed that is high blocker. I know it was only once tonight, but this needs to get fixed ASAP.

Therefore:

29/2=14.5 saves
14.5 saves/31 games

0.47 saves not made last year/game

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice

"We weren't prepared. We got outhit, outworked and outplayed. After we scored the first goal we started turning the puck over, all things we've been guilty of the first half of the year. We got to be better, smarter and we got to compete harder. Either our goaltending has not been good and we scored a lot and when we haven't scored our goaltending has been good. Our powerplay has been great carrying us most of the time and then it's not gone well. It's been inconsistent and a lot of the players have been inconsistent"

Draw your own conclusions, but pretty much what everyone has been saying, Bob has not been good and neither have the guys in front of Bob....the problems haven't been simply just bad goaltending, but for sure it's an expensive problem.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Keep in mind that it took Bob 7 shutouts in the second half of last season to pull his save percentage up to something respectable.
To me that says he’s a game stealer, and we shouldn’t expect him to be consistent. Which is scary.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Is there anyway we can see Bob's stats sorted by period?
Feel like his 3rd period stats would be his best?

I would like to see a heat map of where all the goals are scored in the net on Bob. I feel like low right and left pads, five hole, and High glove will be above-average.

High blocker goals-against I have a feeling would scare me.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I really thought we had solved the goalie issue. We can’t catch a break. Bob is hot garbage this season. Only 6 more and 60 million bucks to go.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This is beyond bounces and unlucky goals. I've genuinely tried to be patient with [insert goalie] but we're halfway through the season already. He needs to look real hard in the mirror and get his **** together. Everyone knows he's better than this.

There you go, a template for you to use in Dale's future endeavors at the helm.

Last edited:
Reactions: stppnmd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad