Confirmed with Link: (G)Sergei Bobrovsky 7yr @ 10 mil

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Officially off the Bob train. I’ll get back on when he actually takes us to the playoffs and beyond a first round exit. Totally abysmal. Package him and Trochek for Lucic. This is worse than Bolland.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I hope our owners have deep enough pockets when we gonna have to buyout this contract. That's gonna sting

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I think most of us expected the D to be a little weak this year, but assumed Bob would be able to make up for it. It looks like the opposite is happening; he's giving shakey defence even less wiggle room.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

This is beyond bounces and unlucky goals. I've genuinely tried to be patient with Bob but we're halfway through the season already. He needs to look real hard in the mirror and get his **** together. Everyone knows he's better than this.

Those stats mean nothing. The goals saved above average stat is an "advanced stat" used by people uninformed about advanced stats. We've gone through this already. ACTUAL goalie advanced stats tracked by actual professional goalies looking at actual factors that lead to real scoring chances show that Bob has by far the toughest job in the league because our defense is terrible. Not all higher danger chances are created equal, don't be fooled by GSAA.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Those stats mean nothing. The goals saved above average stat is an "advanced stat" used by people uninformed about advanced stats. We've gone through this already. ACTUAL goalie advanced stats tracked by actual professional goalies looking at actual factors that lead to real scoring chances show that Bob has by far the toughest job in the league because our defense is terrible. Not all higher danger chances are created equal, don't be fooled by GSAA.
Now please show us these ACTUAL goalie advanced stats, don't keep the secret!

Reactions: Clint

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I think most of us expected the D to be a little weak this year, but assumed Bob would be able to make up for it. It looks like the opposite is happening; he's giving shakey defence even less wiggle room.
The defense is worse than shaky.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Now please show us these ACTUAL goalie advanced stats, don't keep the secret!

He can't, because they keep it a secret! But it's amazing though. Trust me. It's by far the best stat for goalies!

Seriously? The toughest job in the league? Just a little hyperbole I hope.

I've already posted about this in detail. Go look for it yourselves. Lots of teams are using these actual advanced stats and the guys doing it are well recognized professionals with actual NHl experience. Not like it's some made up stats by random nobodies on a forum. Yes he has the toughest job in the league.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The Gallant firing set us back 5 years. The 15-16 team was the best looking Panthers team I've ever seen.
This is one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard. 5 years is nuts. Gallant firing set us back a season.

We have a HoF coach and it hasn’t changed a thing. Our top players have developed. We haven’t and still may not, have the right roster.

You want to know who has held us back for years? Tallon

Reactions: Crossbar

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
This statement irks me. Detroit has a -71 goal differential and the Devils have a -35.

So you're saying that Bernier/Howard and Blackwood/Domingue have an "easier" job in net then Bob does.

IMO, and only in IMO, that's why it's hard for me to take the above posts too seriously.

Bob gets more goal support. That's different from difficulty of shots being faced by the goalies.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
What I must say is that I'm tired with these arguements such as "it's all because of our trash defence, any goalie would have the same problens here" and "Bob has the toughest job in the league because of our D...". Look at Robin Lehner and Blackhawks. He have .922% in 25 games. Even Crawford have .905% in 20 games when Bob has only .897% in 32 games before the start in Buffalo. Now look at the defence. Panthers are very mediocre both in CA/60 and xGA/60, but Blackhawks are much worse! Oh, and there are the shot rates too. They allow much more dangerous shots from the slot and blue paint area. The difference is they get saves from Lehner. Pretty much the same story with Jets and Hellebuyck.

upload_2020-1-5_4-46-35.png

upload_2020-1-5_4-49-0.png

upload_2020-1-5_4-52-40.png

FLA

CHI

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
What I must say is that I'm tired with these arguements such as "it's all because of our trash defence, any goalie would have the same problens here" and "Bob has the toughest job in the league because of our D...". Look at Robin Lehner and Blackhawks. He have .922% in 25 games. Even Crawford have .905% in 20 games when Bob has only .897% in 32 games before the start in Buffalo. Now look at the defence. Panthers are very mediocre both in CA/60 and xGA/60, but Blackhawks are much worse! Oh, and there are the shot rates too. They allow much more dangerous shots from the slot and blue paint area. The difference is they get saves from Lehner. Pretty much the same story with Jets and Hellebuyck.

View attachment 302755

View attachment 302759

View attachment 302763
FLA

CHI

I've posted about this a lot. The xGA stuff does not take into account many factors that affect how dangerous one chance is vs. another. They take some of it into account, but so many things like number of passes before the shot, types of screens, number of screens, left/right shot, angles, shooter quality, zone time, etc. do not get taken into account. It's widely recognized to not be a good measure for goalie performance.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

View attachment 302755

View attachment 302759

View attachment 302763
FLA

CHI
I must just say this. I’m tired. Tired of this team. I’m tired of figuring out what single factor or combination of factors is to blame, when nothing ever changes. Period. Full stop. The end.

All I can do is vote my 0.00001%, by not spending money at BBT and not renewing my season tickets.... in other words, not noticeable. Nobody cares.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
I've posted about this a lot. The xGA stuff does not take into account many factors that affect how dangerous one chance is vs. another. They take some of it into account, but so many things like number of passes before the shot, types of screens, number of screens, left/right shot, angles, shooter quality, zone time, etc. do not get taken into account. It's widely recognized to not be a good measure for goalie performance.
Modern xG stats can take into account some of named stuff such as angles, type of shot, events before shot, etc. If you know about the better stats, why I don't know anything about it yet?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
This is one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard. 5 years is nuts. Gallant firing set us back a season.

We have a HoF coach and it hasn’t changed a thing. Our top players have developed. We haven’t and still may not, have the right roster.

You want to know who has held us back for years? Tallon

It may be both. But the Gallant firing absolutely did set us back years. This team played to its utmost potential under him, and we haven't seen that same level of play from them since. And this is when we were less talented. We have a very talented team now, but they all play as individuals. Q will be in the hof, but I don't think he's still that effective as a coach, at least not with this group. He keeps saying over and over that things needs to change, but they haven't.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Modern xG stats can take into account some of named stuff such as angles, type of shot, events before shot, etc. If you know about the better stats, why I don't know anything about it yet?

Yes they take into account more of the things that affect shot quality, but it's not the full picture. Check out this podcast interview with Valiquette where he talks about the stats his firm tracks. ‎InGoal Radio Podcast: Episode 44: Steve Valiquette on Apple Podcasts

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Goals against the last few years:
11th worst in 2016-17
13th worst in 2017-18
4th worst in 2018-19
6th worst right now

Bob wasn't here for any of those other years, this is a much deeper issue than just Bob sucking. Spare me the save percentage lecturing, it means nothing if we're still ending up in the bottom half of the league in goals allowed with whatever save percentage people deem acceptable or to their liking. SJ even showed last season you can be one of the top teams in the league with BOTH bad goals against and bad save percentage, so the excuses for always losing needs to stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad