Confirmed with Link: G Matt Murray is out indefinitely, will be put on LTIR prior to season starting.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So is Dubas a genius again? Got a free 3rd + 7th for a goalie that costs us nothing but cash$ at the end of the day. All that fear mongering for nothing.
Maybe if you literally ignore last season entirely where we were forcing Samsonov into more games than he should have because of Dubas' terrible pick for a "1B" goalie.

Did you guys actually forget this guy was acquired to actually play for Toronto?

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I am curious when players go on LTIR is it like when I am on LT disability and the insurance company checks up every month or so? How does LTIR work in the NHL?

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Maybe if you literally ignore last season entirely where we were forcing Samsonov into more games than he should have because of Dubas' terrible pick for a "1B" goalie.

Did you guys actually forget this guy was acquired to actually play for Toronto?
Didn’t we have a excellent season again? And didn’t our backups play well? How did we suffer with Murray being injured?

Sammy started 40 games of 82

And we are complaining of his workload? Wow

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
League investigation will be launched to validate it considering he was cleared to play per keefe in the post season.

I'm sure they'll buy it and that'll be that.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Didn’t we have a excellent season again? And didn’t our backups play well? How did we suffer with Murray being injured?

Sammy started 40 games of 82

And we are complaining of his workload? Wow
And how the other goalies played and the team in general is somehow relevant to this?

Dubas traded Murray with the full intent of playing him as a 1A or 1B goalie. In 7 out of 9 Murray's last starts he posted a SV% under .890. Was basically completely unplayable and then he got hurt. Painting this as some good trade is mentally ill.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So is Dubas a genius again? Got a free 3rd + 7th for a goalie that costs us nothing but cash$ at the end of the day. All that fear mongering for nothing.

I think most would have preferred a healthy starting goalie for the playoffs.

It was very unfair to have Joseph Woll thrust in that position.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
That was $4.5m that could've been used last off season to aquire someone use
And how the other goalies played and the team in general is somehow relevant to this?

Dubas traded Murray with the full intent of playing him as a 1A or 1B goalie. In 7 out of 9 Murray's last starts he posted a SV% under .890. Was basically completely unplayable and then he got hurt. Painting this as some good trade is mentally ill.
Huh? Another poster was complaining about Sammy workload.

Reiner started more games and so did 22 other goalies.

Then they complained we used him too much down the stretch and then again….Sammy played 7 games since March 21st…

I don’t care about Murray…like any other player being injured. You use them for cap space on LTIR at trade deadline.

Not sure what the fuss is all about?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Then they complained we used him too much down the stretch and then again….Sammy played 7 games since March 21st…

I don’t care about Murray…like any other player being injured. You use them for cap space on LTIR at trade deadline.

Yes, and there were very worrying rumors about Sammy playing injured. That would have been a fantastic place for this alleged "1B" goalie who's being paid a lot more to come in and take over for a bit.

There is no fuss. There's some ridiculous claims about it somehow being a good trade when it was no such thing.

Reactions: PromisedLand

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

Your claim that the team didn't suffer because Murray was hurt is false. Not because the goalies couldn't handle the load, but because that $4.5m could've been used on almost anything else and been better value than trading for shit ass Matt Murray

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
That was $4.5m that could've been used last off season to aquire someone useful
Didn’t we use
Yes, and there were very worrying rumors about Sammy playing injured. That would have been a fantastic place for this alleged "1B" goalie who's being paid a lot more to come in and take over for a bit.

There is no fuss. There's some ridiculous claims about it somehow being a good trade when it was no such thing.
It wasn’t a bad trade either. We used his salary on LTIR didn’t we? and didn’t we need that savings to acquire ROR and others?

And rumours are just that. I don’t believe that comes out of TO media. Players play hurt and it wasn’t like our backups lost us games.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Murray is now on LTIR which he didn't have much to do.

1L as Sammy wasn't locked up long term. UFA signings are TBD. Still hasn't hasn't signed Matthews and Nylander.

So no he's not eating Ws.
Not locking up Samsonov and his .899 SV% when it counts is a W in itself.

Not continuing to overpay two of the entitled 4 is another W.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Didn’t we use

It wasn’t a bad trade either. We used his salary on LTIR didn’t we? and didn’t we need that savings to acquire ROR and others?

And rumours are just that. I don’t believe that comes out of TO media. Players play hurt and it wasn’t like our backups lost us games.
You seriously think Sammy playing hurt was just a rumor? Did you not remember this board being in a panic'd frenzy over it for how many games? Did you not remember Sammy looking VISIBLY hurt on the ice on several occasions during that stretch?

And Murray being hurt BEFORE the trade deadline than after is more luck than anything. Horrible reasoning really.

I refuse to be gaslit about this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad