Confirmed with Link: G Matt Murray is out indefinitely, will be put on LTIR prior to season starting.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
I'm showing $1,293,950 over with 21 players. Gambrell won't be on the roster.

We need to make one more move. It'll be interesting to see what it is

I assume it'll be one of Lafferty, Timmins, jarnkrok

If we want to get creative and make it work maybe Brodie if we can find a replacement

Reactions: 123offtheglass

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
We got a 3rd + 7th for a gamble on a good goalie when healthy... I think this trade worked out beautifully.

Did Treliving injure him?

He had one month of good hockey. His last 19 starts 12 were under .900 so no he wasn't a good goalie.

If he continued his play instead of being hurt last year he would have taken a first to get rid of minimum. The sabers were also rumoured to have gotten a better deal for him. Murray turned it down and then dubas lost a negotiation where he was the only trade partner because everyone knows he loves Soo players and was desperate for a goalie

Reactions: LeafSteel

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
We need to make one more move. It'll be interesting to see what it is

I assume it'll be one of Lafferty, Timmins, jarnkrok

If we want to get creative and make it work maybe Brodie if we can find a replacement

It's really hard to predict what will happen at this point. Timmins isn't enough.. and Laff and Jarnkrok are decent value for their price.

We have to see what the situation with Nylander is, and Brodie as well... either, or both of those guys could be on the move, depending on contract status, and the desire to change up the D-core,

Reactions: rocketman588

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He seemed like a nice guy while he was here. Hopefully he can make a career comeback of some sort eventually
I don't know. Five concussions in five years and he has made $37M by age 30. Seems like a good time to look into real estate.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Welcome to the Island

c680e3eb-7306-4f00-9f37-2fe93a4110d0_text.gif

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Well that solves one problem

I think we are still a bit over the cap though, so wonder what happens next

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
The one downside of putting Murray on LTIR, is that we won’t have any room if/when someone gets hurt during the season. That could be a problem, no?

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Tough break for Murray. I hope he can recover for next season and maybe make a comeback.

I mentioned in the other thread why I thought this could work out for Murray (though I didn't really think it was going to happen.)

In short, he likely benefits more by taking a year off and letting his body heal with access team facilities and doctors, while collecting his entire 6M paycheque. He can probably get a 2-3 year contract next offseason when the cap goes up, rather than risk another injury for league minimum this year and have no offers next offseason.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He had one month of good hockey. His last 19 starts 12 were under .900 so no he wasn't a good goalie.

If he continued his play instead of being hurt last year he would have taken a first to get rid of minimum. The sabers were also rumoured to have gotten a better deal for him. Murray turned it down and then dubas lost a negotiation where he was the only trade partner because everyone knows he loves Soo players and was desperate for a goalie

This is confirmed by Dubas holding on to his favourite Soo players Campbell and Sandin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad