Confirmed with Link: G Matt Murray is out indefinitely, will be put on LTIR prior to season starting.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Matt Murray is hurt? You don't f***ing say, who could have seen this shocking and definitely unpredictable turn of events coming?

Reactions: JKG33

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
So if he "heals up" at any point in the season they need to immediately clear space for his salary and of course no buyout option then. Obviously seems shady if he was ready in the playoffs but he might have actually injured himself training :sarcasm:
Why would we want him for the playoffs. He's our third best goalie

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
IMG_3098.jpeg

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
He must have heard the plan was for players to shoot at his helmet during training camp drills and liked this option better….

Hope he’s ok and hope to never see him in a Leaf jersey again.

This the textbook definition of “sometimes the best deals are the ones you don’t make”.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Free 3rd and 7th to roll the dice. Dice roll didn’t pan out, but he goes on LTIR so no harm no foul.

The issue is he got a third and a 7 for something that we would have had to give up a first for if Murray stayed healthy but just played how he did in every month but November

Reactions: JKG33

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He's had concussion issues. Those are always a golden ticket to putting players on the IR and never letting them come back on their own terms, it's all in the hands of the medical staff. That also excludes what Murray himself thinks too, maybe he's decided personally that it's not a good idea to keep going.

Murray's plan of action to play again is with another team if he still wants to play.
The 2023 injury was a concussion and he obviously did fall hard. At that time Keefe said "he has some other stuff as well". The 2022 injury from colliding with Zaitsev was a concussion as well and October 2021 was a knee to the head from Kreider. Then 2 concussions in 8 months back with the Pens. He may not have been fully recovered when the Leafs got him in the first place. I don't think it was necessarily a hard sell that he may need extended time off.

Sid was gone from January 2010 to late November of the next year and then missed the first half of 2012. The poster boy for concussion survival and threating with rest. I actually didn't realize Murray had this much of a concussion history.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Dumbass ass move from a dumbass GM to even acquire him. 90% of this board called this acquisition a pile of dog shit the minute it occurred. Glad this sorted itself out without costing us anything.

We got a 3rd + 7th for a gamble on a good goalie when healthy... I think this trade worked out beautifully.

Looks like Treliving can deke for days forever, Dubas not so much! :sarcasm:

Did Treliving injure him?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I feel confident the MD or DO that did the assessment is not jeopardizing his/her license for Matt Murray or the Leafs

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Shanny gave him the ol' Lupul treatment......

I'm surprised that so many people were convinced he was 100% healthy just because he went to a couple practices near the end of the season and sat on the bench one game. It's really not that hard to fail a physical with that type of injury history

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad