G Lukas Dostal - Anaheim Ducks, NHL (2018, 85th, ANA)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yet another example of a prospect that would be getting WAY more love if he was not in Anaheim.

Imagine if he was a Toronto prospect.

Whatever. Ratings is just hype. His play will show what he really is. Sometimes our prospects are underrated, but larger fanbases just push the pace there sometimes.

Victor fastch played lights out while he was a duck as well
Man, that year we had Hiller and Fasth duo (Fasth played lights out). Andersen and Gibson were in the pipeline :)

As for current situation - would be nice if season resumes soon and we resign Miller. I'm sure he would be able to shed some extra nice tips to young Dostal. They are very similar size, Miller is just 2cm taller and maybe a bit slighter frame.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
As for current situation - would be nice if season resumes soon and we resign Miller. I'm sure he would be able to shed some extra nice tips to young Dostal. They are very similar size, Miller is just 2cm taller and maybe a bit slighter frame.

I wonder if Miller is going to stick around as a goalie coach/consultant for Anaheim or San Diego. If they're that similar in size, maybe having Miller as a personal coach for Dostal would help him.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Very impressive player, I wonder how many better goaltender prospects there are actually. His size might turn some people off, as he isn't the 6'4" giant that are so coveted these days, but he has all the talent in the world and I would be shocked if he doesn't turn out to be a quality NHL goalie down the road.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
When is he expected to come to NA? Would he play AHL, or go straight the the NHL?

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I think the Ducks are planning on starting him out in San Diego this season. Stolarz looks like he'll be Gibson' backup unless they work something out with Miller that works with the expansion draft.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
After a disappointing 3 games his previously impressive stats have taken a hit...

Through 9 games
8-1
GAA: 1.56
SV%: 9.46

I hate when my save % drops to .946. usually means my AM alarm is about to go off.

Kid is such a stud, Anaheim's consistently got a good eye for goalies of any background. Eager to see what he can do here in NA.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Wish that Ducks team wasn't trash thou...
Amazing goalie, but when the team sucks front of you...interesting to see how he performs.
Ducks already have Gibson RIGHT NOW. One of the better goalies in the league. Dostal plays where he should.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wish that Ducks team wasn't trash thou...
Amazing goalie, but when the team sucks front of you...interesting to see how he performs.
Good organizations can turn around things in a few years which is something I fully expect from us given the current progress and track record. Given that your favorite team is the Leafs I see where your concerns are coming from though :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean dostal still has prob 2 years before he’s in the nhl..: the team should be trending up at that point

I also don't see any problem with him growing with the Zegras-era cohort. Jonathan Quick's first year saw him getting absolutely shelled but you could still see he was special, it's not usually a clean transition from 'bad/growing team' to 'good team with a good environment for goalie.'

Gibson can hold down the fort obviously, Ducks could get a killing for him at the right time too

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I also don't see any problem with him growing with the Zegras-era cohort. Jonathan Quick's first year saw him getting absolutely shelled but you could still see he was special, it's not usually a clean transition from 'bad/growing team' to 'good team with a good environment for goalie.'

Gibson can hold down the fort obviously, Ducks could get a killing for him at the right time too
Ya true lol... but I think we got a lil while before were sold on dostal enough to move Gibson(I imagine it would be like a Freddie/Gibson scenario where they both played up with the big club and when dostal shows he’s ready we can flip Gibson potentially).

I wouldn’t mind us signing quick or Miller to work with dostal a bit, Both smallish goalies that can help groom him

I also think our rebuild will go fairly fast, we have a ton of dmen up and coming... with lindholm Fowler and Manson still relevant.... and we’re building a solid grouping of forwards, tho I’d like to see us get another big name forward prospect to go with zegras

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Only a AHL starter?
6e4836ce122b44072a8b11a186b07e42.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad