G Lukas Dostal - Anaheim Ducks, NHL (2018, 85th, ANA)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think the Ducks should try and trade Stolarz and get value for him when Gibson is back. I also don't think Dostal starting every game for a tanking Ducks is the best plan. Thrilled he's playing so well.. his 3 starts are insanely good. Shame the Leafs ruined his save percentage when he came in relief!

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I just do wish they trade Gibson or Dostal. I feel for Dostal like I've felt for a young Tuukka Rask back in the days. He's just too good to the be the second option.
There are some goalies that I've seen under these last 15 or more WJC's that do stand out.
Vasi, Saros and Dostal the most.
You have Wallstedt, Luukkonen, Knight and a couple of others just behind but those three above have been special for me. That kind of goaltending giving your team the chance to steal games.

I hope he get's more games at least. I'm sure he's one of the top 3-4 goalies in the league in 2 or 3 years or so. Depends on how long he needs to wait for his big chance etc.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I just do wish they trade Gibson or Dostal. I feel for Dostal like I've felt for a young Tuukka Rask back in the days. He's just too good to the be the second option.
There are some goalies that I've seen under these last 15 or more WJC's that do stand out.
You have Wallstedt, Luukkonen, Knight and a couple of others just behind but those three above have been special for me. That kind of goaltending giving your team the chance to steal games.

I hope he get's more games at least. I'm sure he's one of the top 3-4 goalies in the league in 2 or 3 years or so. Depends on how long he needs to wait for his big chance etc.
He and Gibson should have more of a split. That would be nice.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

Right now, it's really nobody's net according to comments made by Cronin - I'm almost certain Dostal will play this weekend.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
How he's not slated to play 40 games is mine boggling to me. Maybe I'm reading it wrong and he will get 40 games but it's getting silly. He's done his reps.. he's done his time. Time to let him learn by playing in the NHL.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
How he's not slated to play 40 games is mine boggling to me. Maybe I'm reading it wrong and he will get 40 games but it's getting silly. He's done his reps.. he's done his time. Time to let him learn by playing in the NHL.

Don't worry. This season Dostal will split the goalie duties with Gibson and shouldn't see any AHL time. I don't see any problem with the way he's been handled. Getting more and more NHL games year after year. He's just 23 years old.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Don't worry. This season Dostal will split the goalie duties with Gibson and shouldn't see any AHL time. I don't see any problem with the way he's been handled. Getting more and more NHL games year after year. He's just 23 years old.
Yeah, I don’t get the negativity here. Aren’t most goalies just becoming NHLers/starters anywhere between 22 and 24? If anything, maybe last season should’ve been a backup role for him in the NHL opposed to this being his year to make the jump.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He will win the net from Gibson this year…. It’s prob for the best the last 2 seasons were limited time for him…. Our defense was trash and woulda burned him out/ shot his confidence

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

1698867228725.png

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Well deserved. As a fan I am more confident with him in the net than Gibby at this point. Not saying he's better than Gibby at this point, but I think that has a lot to do with his calm style verses GIbby seemingly always swimming or flat out looking awkward in the net at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad