G Lukas Dostal - Anaheim Ducks, NHL (2018, 85th, ANA)

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Great playoffs for Dostal but hard to win when nobody can score. Kärpät sweeps Ilves 4-0.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Bump.

Dostal was 39/41 tonight at Tampere against Lukko.
Ilves won after the penalties (Dostal was 8/8)

This season:
Record: 22 W 7 L
GAA: 1.88
SV%: .929 (703/757)
SV/G: 24.2

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Having an awesome season, I wish he was healthy during the WJC so he could show off his stuff like last year.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
He is a talent for sure, 19 years old and probably the best goalie in the Liiga, 20-4-5 record, 92,49% and 1,89 GAA, but it’s not the stats that impress, he gives his team chance to win every game. Annunen is his competion, same age and statistally more impressive but he has faced less shots and had less games, and plays behind a stronger team but has been great at stopping the pucks he needs to. They are both third round picks from the 2018 draft, Dostal #85 and Annunen #64.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Some people are looking at his WJC statistics this year and giving him some doubt. Ignoring the fact he and the team played through flu this year and he even lost 10 pounds before the last game. And also ignoring the fact he was outstanding in the WJC`s last year as an 18 year old.

He`s clearly one of the top goalie prospects out there.

Reactions: Goodman68

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Good for him. I remember his name being drafted, but not going to say I’ve been following him. I always struggle to get motivated to keep tabs of goalie prospects as they’re so hard to project as NHLers. I have no idea how the Ducks keep pumping out goalies and D-Men every draft , but this could be another case of it.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
If he was a prospect for Montreal or Toronto, we’d be on the second thread by now.

Seriously. A teenager being the best ANYTHING in a men’s league is so impressive.

I hope the Ducks take their time with him. Any chance he goes to the SHL before the AHL?

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Good for him. I remember his name being drafted, but not going to say I’ve been following him. I always struggle to get motivated to keep tabs of goalie prospects as they’re so hard to project as NHLers. I have no idea how the Ducks keep pumping out goalies and D-Men every draft , but this could be another case of it.

Ya the Ducks have been so blessed with goalies for the last 20 years.

Giggy
Bryz
Hiller
Andersen
Gibson

And all were home grown talents except Hiller.

S.S. Giggy

RIP 1974-2011
Jun 14, 2002
Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Visit site
Seriously. A teenager being the best ANYTHING in a men’s league is so impressive.

I hope the Ducks take their time with him. Any chance he goes to the SHL before the AHL?
Yeah, I hope the Ducks stay patient with him. They can afford to with Gibson being a stabilizer in net. The fact that he is holding his own as the no. 1 goaltender, as a teenager, for a professional hockey team playing against former and fringe NHL players is already impressive. Goaltending is not going to be an issue with the Ducks for a long time!

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy reminds me a lot of Carter Hart. I think he's one of the best goalie prospects in hockey.

Where is he supposed to be playing next season? I would think he's ready for a better league like SHL, AHL or KHL.

Reactions: Dmang714

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This guy reminds me a lot of Carter Hart. I think he's one of the best goalie prospects in hockey.

Where is he supposed to be playing next season? I would think he's ready for a better league like SHL, AHL or KHL.
We are hoping he will be coming over to start for San Diego, but the pandemic probably killed that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Dostal 2 games this season for Ilves, over 60 shots faced, only 2 goals allowed... 2 wins.
Yeah....Ducks future starting goalie right here!.
This is a short sample size actually. His play the last 3 years in Liiga has been incredible. Received an award for as a best goaltender in Liiga, while being 20 years old.
He catched a flu during WJC so discussions around him took a hit. But again, he was stellar there a year before that.
Also, Pronman rated him low in his recent goalie ratings

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
This is a short sample size actually. His play the last 3 years in Liiga has been incredible. Received an award for as a best goaltender in Liiga, while being 20 years old.
He catched a flu during WJC so discussions around him took a hit. But again, he was stellar there a year before that.
Also, Pronman rated him low in his recent goalie ratings

I loved Dostal in his draft year and he's done nothing but be successful since then. He's in this weird spot where he's in Finland and is a Ducks prospect. Not going to get a lot of hype there. Once he gets over to the AHL the hype train will be rolling full steam ahead.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad