G Jesper Wallstedt (2021, 20th, MIN)

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm sure he'll be fine in the long run but I always shook my head when posters suggesting that drafting Wallested would have helped out the Oilers today. Probably takes young goalies 100 games minimum before they can be considered legitimate difference makers.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I'm sure he'll be fine in the long run but I always shook my head when posters suggesting that drafting Wallested would have helped out the Oilers today. Probably takes young goalies 100 games minimum before they can be considered legitimate difference makers.
He didn’t play well but he had an ahl quality team in front of him and none of the ahl level skilled players had any motivation to do anything other than get back in the plane. It was the worst possible game to start him and only and idiot would have thought it was a good plan.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sorta like Xavier Bourgault, the player EDM took instead of Wallstedt.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think any reasonable human now has discerned Askarov has surpassed Wallstedt as the big man on campus
I think most reasonable humans realise Askarov is a year ahead in development and that a year is big for goalies.

Askarov hasnt exactly strung together big dominant seasons, hes developed year to year like most goalie prospects do

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Don't call up goalies before they're ready.
I said it before his call up, and I guess I'll say it again. If a goalie's career is destroyed because of a single bad game, he was never going to be the dominant goalie you wanted him to be.

Wallstedt's rough play lately is probably due to the injury he had before his call up, not the call up itself.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If Minny got AHL players then how good is Wild? I belive Wallstedt would have way better stats on a better team.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
If Minny got AHL players then how good is Wild? I belive Wallstedt would have way better stats on a better team.
Our AHL team has been diseased for awhile. Even worse this year with all the injuries in St Paul

Reactions: ZEBROA

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Looked fine. Pretty easy game for him. Watching him in Iowa, you can tell his numbers are hurting because of a putrid team in front of him. I go back and forth on if he should be a backup next year or have another go at the AHL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Looked fine. Pretty easy game for him. Watching him in Iowa, you can tell his numbers are hurting because of a putrid team in front of him. I go back and forth on if he should be a backup next year or have another go at the AHL.
How about half and half?

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Oilers screwed up this pick. The players the drafted wont be as good as the pick they traded away. While Wallstadt is not good not, he would make for a good backup in a few years and challange Skinner in 5 or 6 for the starting job.

• Haha
Reactions: Shark Finn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad