G Jesper Wallstedt (2021, 20th, MIN)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Everytime I watched Askarov in the AHL I wasn't impressed at all. He's a very busy goalie that's easy for skilled players to exploit. I know it's possible for a goalie to be busy and successful, ala Hasek and Thomas, but it's rare and I haven't seen it from him yet. I hope I'm wrong, young and exciting talent is good for the league.
He’s dominating the AHL this year though

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Another master stroke from Billy Guerin. Lets place this 21 year old directly into the line of fire. Dallas has absolutely owned Minnesota lately and the current Wild roster is completely awful due to injuries.

Why wait until the games against Philly & Arizona when you can feed him to the wolves?

Since when did the GM make lineup decisions?

As for Wallstedt, can't say the team in front of him did anything but he let in multiple muffins himself. Not a good game.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Since when did the GM make lineup decisions?

As for Wallstedt, can't say the team in front of him did anything but he let in multiple muffins himself. Not a good game.
extremely naive to think the brand new coach was behind bringing up the best goalie prospect in the world for his first game. Especially when its common knowledge that the GM is a control freak

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Looks way worse then it was. One screen. Two 2 on 1. One open net due to bad bounce. Bad position on first. And should have had one or two more. Wanna change him for Samsonov? 😁

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
extremely naive to think the brand new coach was behind bringing up the best goalie prospect in the world for his first game. Especially when its common knowledge that the GM is a control freak

So when the GM brings up a goalie, he plays the next game? Second game? Third game? Never?

You know who decides that, right?

Dallas called up Matt Murray and he didn't play for a month. So was that Nill or Deboer?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
So when the GM brings up a goalie, he plays the next game? Second game? Third game? Never?

You know who decides that, right?

Dallas called up Matt Murray and he didn't play for a month. So was that Nill or Deboer?
Comparing a journeyman G to one of the most hyped goalie prospects in years is really terrific logic.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Telling me that your GM picks your line up really is terrific logic.
Never said Guerin picked the lineup. But obviously he is going to have a heavy hand in deciding how his most prized prospect debuts. You simply don’t know what you’re talking about

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Never said Guerin picked the lineup. But obviously he is going to have a heavy hand in deciding how his most prized prospect debuts. You simply don’t know what you’re talking about
Then he judgement needs to be judged itself. Because he picked a real shitty team to start him in. And then the coaches decision to let him get shelled for 7 was the cherry on top in decision making.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Bad management. Why throw him to the wolfes and then send down with no chance to bounce back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad