G Jesper Wallstedt (2021, 20th, MIN)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stat watching or have you seen him play?
yeah, recent game where he lost 4-1 included two PPG and one penalty shot against. He's got a depleted team in front of him, as the big team has called up 4-5 players due to injuries to Brodin, Spurgeon, Kaprizov, Zucc, Foligno, Hartman, etc.. On top of that, Iowa has quite a few injuries to it's regular player like Beckman , Milne, Hentges, and up till recently, Bankier, among others.

Last edited:

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
God I hope he doesn’t get shelled , the wild are a complete dumpster fire this season.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sounds like he makes his NHL debut tonight.

Weird... I was told Xavier B would be a 50 point NHL player while Jesper would be 6 years away.

I maintained Jesper would debut before him... Be more impactful before him and have a better career overall.

Xavier B is currently struggling in AHL and doesn't seem close to getting his first game.

Maybe next year he goes full time and geta those 50 points and Jesper is still on the AHL. Time will tell!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's going to be rough. MN is playing a bunch of AHL'ers and bench warmers due to injury.

Reactions: MNRube

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
As much as his team was not good, neither was he. Quite a few stoppable goals.

Ultimately doesn't mean all that much but was hoping to see more from the '#1 goalie prospect in the world'.

staveNsteel

Jan 18, 2021
1st game.. didn't have much support in front of him defensively, and let a few by that he didn't time out all that well. Overall, it's a learning experience for the kid. He'll probably get one of the b2b games this weekend to hopefully give himself a little redemption.

Either way, he gets a little NHL experience, knows where he needs to make adjustments to play at the next level, and works on that back in Iowa.

Reactions: Czechboy

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He was bad. Goal called back too. Not one was a deflection. Just one game though.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sucks he got shelled. But it happens and he will bounce back. Good learning experience

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I’d still rank Askarov as a better prospect, but I digress.
Everytime I watched Askarov in the AHL I wasn't impressed at all. He's a very busy goalie that's easy for skilled players to exploit. I know it's possible for a goalie to be busy and successful, ala Hasek and Thomas, but it's rare and I haven't seen it from him yet. I hope I'm wrong, young and exciting talent is good for the league.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
he got rocked. shot chart from Dallas implies he didn't have much of a chance but still that's way too leaky.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $250.00