G Igor Shestyorkin (2014, 118th, NYR)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You are naming players who are 18-20 years old. How many are loaned out and how many are terminated when the player is older than 22-23?
Who cares. Shestyorkin doesn't have the clause that allows him to terminate his contract ffs. Rangers are not that stupid. Nobody is that stupid. It's mind-boggling to realize there actually exists a human being thinking that NHL team just gave their best prospect "clause" allowing to walk for free into UFA for no reason whatsoever.

I explained to you the distinction between loan and termination would be important to the KHL. But this is there this conversation should end because it sure as hell doesn't apply to Shestyorkin.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Pretty sure you just can't what with the freeze in the KHL and that "person" you are talking to, like most times, is talking out of their butt. After the transfer freeze you can't bring in players. Notice how all of the players he mentioned jumped ship to europe a while back?
NHL - KHL transfer agreement works both ways you dumdum. Just like Gusev, or Gavrikov or whatever can join their NHL teams after the KHL season, NHL player could do the same if he became free of his contract for whatever reason.

Kovalchuk couldn't have done it because he is UFA, not RFA and he is on nobody's reserve list.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
NHL - KHL transfer agreement works both ways you dumdum. Just like Gusev, or Gavrikov or whatever can join their NHL teams after the KHL season, NHL player could do the same if he became free of his contract for whatever reason.

:laugh: Seriously folks, don't even pay attention to anything this "person" says. He makes up things, deletes his terrible assertions and analysis.

THERE IS NO NHL-KHL TRANSFER AGREEMENT. :laugh:

The issue is NHL players can't be moved to the KHL after the KHL freeze. It's why Kovy stayed in NA. He was too late. Shesty is not able to run to the KHL, that is not an issue the Rangers have to deal with.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He looked good in 2 games. That doesn't make him the best goalie on the team yet and that doesn't make him not playing every day some grave offense. So silly.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
:laugh: Seriously folks, don't even pay attention to anything this "person" says. He makes up things, deletes his terrible assertions and analysis.

THERE IS NO NHL-KHL TRANSFER AGREEMENT. :laugh:

The issue is NHL players can't be moved to the KHL after the KHL freeze. It's why Kovy stayed in NA. He was too late.
Whatever you want to call the rules NHL - KHL transfers work. It's an identical situation to any KHL player joining NHL team for the playoffs happening vice-versa. It seems basic enough to understand. 2 teams in different leagues hold player's rights at the same time.

Also, I thought I am supposed to be on the ignore list, no?

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Whatever you want to call the rules NHL - KHL transfers work. It's an identical situation to any KHL player joining NHL team for the playoffs happening vice-versa. It seems basic enough to understand. 2 teams in different leagues hold player's rights at the same time.

Also, I thought I am supposed to be on the ignore list, no?

Keep making up things. It's just showing more and more people what a joke you are. The reason a KHL player can come to the NHL at the end of their seasons is because their contract is expired you fake news junky and their NHL rights are owned. Seriously sit down. You are a joke.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Keep making up things. It's just showing more and more people what a joke you are. The reason a KHL player can come to the NHL at the end of their seasons is because their contract is expired you fake news junky and their NHL rights are owned. Seriously sit down. You are a joke.
The players come over when their team is out of the playoffs because THEY ARE RELEASED when the team is out of the playoffs. All KHL contracts expire on 30th of April, someone like Kuznetsov came over to the NHL (signed his deal with Caps) on 8th of March.

And yes, KHL rights are owed too, KHL has almost identical RFA system to that of the NHL. Pastrnak, for example, was traded from Severstal to CSKA.

You seem rather hysterical. Just like all your empty claims this one goes down the toilet.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
The players come over when their team is out of the playoffs because THEY ARE RELEASED when the team is out of the playoffs. All KHL contracts expire on 30th of April, someone like Kuznetsov came over to the NHL (signed his deal with Caps) on 8th of March.

You seem rather hysterical. Just like all your empty claims this one goes down the toilet.

Not when they still have years left on their contract LOL. Seriously you are a Russian troll.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Not when they still have years left on their contract LOL. Seriously you are a Russian troll.
You clearly have trouble reading:
I explained to you the distinction between loan and termination would be important to the KHL. But this is there this conversation should end because it sure as hell doesn't apply to Shestyorkin.
Maybe get someone who would explain this to you. It doesn't apply to Shestyorkin. I said very clearly it does not apply to Shestyorkin. But if the player were to be released for some reason (maybe he beat up his wife, for example) he could sign with the KHL team even after the trade deadline if he is somebody's reserve list. Just like someone like Kuznetsov could sign with the Capitals during the regular season after the trade deadline.

Also it has to be eating you up inside that you are spewing all this crap but at any point could you provide any evidence any of it is real. Only posts that magically disappear, posts that actually are correct and you don't want to talk about and "hur-dur you must be wrong", with 0 factual evidence I am, like in this case. Maybe you should actually sit down, no?

I will pass on the PMs calling me mentally challenged this time, too :)

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He looked good in 2 games. That doesn't make him the best goalie on the team yet and that doesn't make him not playing every day some grave offense. So silly.

It’ll be 10+ days the next game he could play.

What makes you think either of the other two goalies are better?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I’d say that Shesty and Georgiev are comparable talents right now but I think with more NHL experience, Shesty will separate himself. For the reminder of the season. I think both give the Rangers and equal chance to win.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’d say that Shesty and Georgiev are comparable talents right now but I think with more NHL experience, Shesty will separate himself. For the reminder of the season. I think both give the Rangers and equal chance to win.

Shestyorkin is older than Georgiev. If he's not better, he's not as good as touted.

Georgiyev has started 21 games (close to half) and he has a .913 SV%. Thats 22nd of 53 qualifying goalies in the league. Of the 49 goalies with 1000 minutes or more, he's 22nd in GSAA. He's slightly better than a middle of the road NHL goalie.

No one is criticizing Georgiyev, but some of you are criticizing Shestyorkin in the process by saying he isn't our best goalie. If this guy isn't better than two goalies that are no better than 1B goalies, he probably isn't as good as touted. Why not consider trading him if Georgiyev is as good?

Last edited:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Shestyorkin is older than Georgiev. If he's not better, he's not as good as touted.

Georgiyev has started 21 games (close to half) and he has a .913 SV%. Thats 22nd of 53 qualifying goalies in the league. Of the 49 goalies with 1000 minutes or more, he's 22nd in GSAA. He's slightly better than a middle of the road NHL goalie.

No one is criticizing Georgiyev, but some of you are criticizing Shestyorkin in the process by saying he isn't our best goalie. If this guy isn't better than two goalies that are no better than 1B goalies, he probably isn't as good as touted. Why not consider trading him if Georgiyev is as good?

It takes experience playing against the best players in the world to become one of the best players in the world. That’s a major factor in development.

How do you learn to stop Ovechkin’s twisting shot, read McDavid and Draisaitl on a power play, or monitor Crosby behind the net if you don’t have experience against that talent level?

Shesty is more talented than Georgiev, but he needs the games to grow even more.

Last edited:
Reactions: shello

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

He isn't our best goalie until he proves it. 2 games isn't proof. Put your bias aside.

And LOL at Shesterkin is older. He's 41 days older. I have no idea why you thought that would help your argument.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He isn't our best goalie until he proves it. 2 games isn't proof. Put your bias aside.

And LOL at Shesterkin is older. He's 41 days older. I have no idea why you thought that would help your argument.

What is my bias? This is such a weak argument. You can't put forth a better argument, so you claim someone has bias. My bias is to see the team have success. I've been accused of having every bias you could have for and against players. My bias is to the truth and to see my team have success. The people who claim the bias are usually the ones with the bias.

Why can't Shestyorkin be better? Was McDavid not better than a lot of players in the NHL before playing in the NHL? Was Panarin not better than a lot of players before playing in the NHL? And the whole point of what I'm saying is that Shestyorkin needs games, if you want to see if he can prove himself. Why will he have went 10+ days without playing by the next game? Georgiyev and Lundqvist are not top 20 goalies in the NHL. Why are they blocking a 24 year old who is so well regarded? It's not smart to have middle of your roster assets block one of your most important core players for the future. Why give games to the player you are going to trade instead of the one you want to keep?

Shestyorkin being older absolutely does help my argument. This idea that he's not better than Georgiyev or Lundqvist, but has so much more potential is partially bogus. I think he has higher potential than Georgiyev and obviously at this point he has better potential than Lundqvist for future seasons, but he's allowed to be better now. The lack of NHL games doesn't make him worse. He's better if he's better, not due to number of NHL games. If Shestyorkin isn't better right now than Georgiyev, he's probably not as good as touted, considering no one touts Georgiyev as a star. Shestyorkin is not raw either, and the lack of NHL games is essentially irrelevant towards deciding who is better. If Georgiyev is better, Shestyorkin isn't as good of a player as some think.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This is sort of "getting hired" paradox happening here. A graduate is applying for a job but the company wants someone with work experience. But he has no way to get experience because nobody hires the person who doesn't have it. Shestyorkin hasn't played enough NHL games so he can't be the best until he does play the NHL games he doesn't get to play in. So at the moment he neither is, nor isn't your best goalie.

Problem solved.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
And he picks up his first loss. He stopped 29 of 31, and both goals he was hung out to dry by his defense and screened. The loss wasn't his fault, and neither goal was a bad goal. Still, he probably would've liked to stop both goals. He couldn't solve Bjorkstrand's shot. Beat him twice, and the other shot he had trouble with.

He improved his SV% to .929 and did play well. But because he lost, he probably won't play for a number of games. I suspect Georgiyev gets the next game because he's played well against the Islanders, and Lundqvist is almost certainly going to get one of the first two games out of the All-Star break. Shestyorkin might be sitting awhile again.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
And he picks up his first loss. He stopped 29 of 31, and both goals he was hung out to dry by his defense and screened. The loss wasn't his fault, and neither goal was a bad goal. Still, he probably would've liked to stop both goals. He couldn't solve Bjorkstrand's shot. Beat him twice, and the other shot he had trouble with.

Seriously, why are Trouba and Skjei giving the forwards so much space/gap and then screening their goalie?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah, those were perfect screens and perfect shots on both goals, Shesterkin didn't have a chance to stop them, and Rangers' forwards couldn't score even a goal against a Latvian rookie, who played his 1st NHL game.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's supposed to play today and tomorrow in the AHL during the NHL All-Star break. The Rangers don't play for another week. He's not supposed to be playing at the AHL All-Star game, so I suspect he'll be re-promoted after he plays these two games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad