Value of: G - Dan Vladar

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
On the other hand, he's also not a starter like the OP said.

Goalie value is highly volatile and at this point of the offseason, it would be really hard to get value for him.
For me.. he has the exact some ceiling as Vejmelka and Vanecek. Both are starters. Hill just won a cup and had played less games by his 26th bday then Vladar.

Agree, he's not a starter. The starter on his team had worse stats though last year. Both of them had terrible stats. I'm just saying there might be more to it. Because the starter last year was nominated for a Vezina the year before.

FTR.. I'm hoping he's traded to a place that will give him more playing time! Markstrom and Wolf is a lovely combo. Get him out of there.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The problem with picking him up as a short term stop gap is the second year. It’s much less appealing to take someone who’s overpaid when they aren’t on an expiring deal

Not at all. But he’s a 26 year old mediocre backup and he makes literally double what most of his comps make. With the flat cap, the only way he doesn’t have negative value is if someone thinks he’s got some potential as a late bloomer
26 isn't really a knock for a goalie tbh.

He was the 72nd oldest goalie in the league and most don't arrive till they are 25.

I don't agree with mediocre but I have a bias so that's a dead end for both of us.lol

Who are his comps that he is doubling in salary? I'm not saying there aren't any, I'm just really curious what his comps are and how much they make. He makes 2.2 million and is UFA at the end of his contract.. so who are the 1.1 million comps that he is literally making double of?

Here are the ones I could find that are between 1.1 and 750K that are not ELC or RFA

1694275462633.png

Link since it's tiny

Attachments

• 1694275260196.png
    1694275260196.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad