GDT: G:6 Yotes @ Wild: 7pm CT/3am Finland (NBCSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't have a problem with Greenway playing in the NHL He is better than Brown, Hendricks, maybe Fehr, and is likely to surpass Foligno by the end of this year, though they are different sorts of players. He still hasn't come into his man strength yet, but he bowled over a couple of guys last night who were in his way, and he shows decent vision and hands, has to work on his timing, and getting off his shot. I see him as a middle six guy within a year or so, assuming he works on his body and his game.

If we had other, more developed forwards down on the farm who were killing it then I would bring them up and send him down, but we don't. Kloos, Anas, or Rau are different sorts of players, and ones that have more or less proven that they are AHL/NHL tweeners. Kunin needs to get healthy, and his game in order. Sokolov is WAY more of a project than Greenway. Shaw...a longshot who needs time. And so on...

I'm pretty blah on the team right now, but do have to make mention of Granlund's goal. Two years ago, I would never imagine him even attempting that shot, let alone him picking a corner. Great release....he used to gather himself before he shot, like a little kid trying to lift the puck, or what we used to call a " drag shot" back in the days of straight wood sticks.
That shot was a Man shot, and that goal, critical. Granlund's evolution into a decent goal scorer has been wonderful to see. would like to see more of that shot on the PP. Opposing teams are cottoning on to us setting up Dumba... Not sure that Granlund is the best second option, but maybe the third?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't have a problem with Greenway playing in the NHL He is better than Brown, Hendricks, maybe Fehr, and is likely to surpass Foligno by the end of this year, though they are different sorts of players. He still hasn't come into his man strength yet, but he bowled over a couple of guys last night who were in his way, and he shows decent vision and hands, has to work on his timing, and getting off his shot. I see him as a middle six guy within a year or so, assuming he works on his body and his game.

If we had other, more developed forwards down on the farm who were killing it then I would bring them up and send him down, but we don't. Kloos, Anas, or Rau are different sorts of players, and ones that have more or less proven that they are AHL/NHL tweeners. Kunin needs to get healthy, and his game in order. Sokolov is WAY more of a project than Greenway. Shaw...a longshot who needs time. And so on...

I'm pretty blah on the team right now, but do have to make mention of Granlund's goal. Two years ago, I would never imagine him even attempting that shot, let alone him picking a corner. Great release....he used to gather himself before he shot, like a little kid trying to lift the puck, or what we used to call a " drag shot" back in the days of straight wood sticks.
That shot was a Man shot, and that goal, critical. Granlund's evolution into a decent goal scorer has been wonderful to see. would like to see more of that shot on the PP. Opposing teams are cottoning on to us setting up Dumba... Not sure that Granlund is the best second option, but maybe the third?

Did I miss something last night?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
A legit shot on the rush from between the circles.
A "legit shot" as in, he intended for it to be on net? Absolutely. A "legit shot" as in, he beat the goalie clean with a laser of a wrist shot? No f***ing chance.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A "legit shot" as in, he intended for it to be on net? Absolutely. A "legit shot" as in, he beat the goalie clean with a laser of a wrist shot? No ****ing chance.
It wasn't an elite shot, but it wasn't a weak shot either.

Sure as hell wasn't a "dump in from the blue line".

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
It wasn't an elite shot, but it wasn't a weak shot either.

Sure as hell wasn't a "dump in from the blue line".

It was similar to Eruzione's goal against the Russians in that it was NOT a laser hard wrister, but it WAS very good use of a defender as a partial screen. I think that Kuemper didn't get a good look at first.

Then, it was kind of knuckling a little bit (although I am pretty sure it wasn't tipped), and it went in off of the crossbar.

So, Kuemper, to make the save, had to
1- move laterally to his left after he picked up the puck
2-get his glove high enough.

He failed at judging the height of the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad