GDT: G:28 Oiler @ Wild 7pm CT (BSNX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
I watched the NHL.com replay on the Gaudreau goal. McDavid lost the play defensively, and Draisatl didn't come in time to help, although it looked like he could have, but he just didn't care enough to get there.

I think that might tell us a little about why Edmonton hasn't been as scary as we might have thought for the last years.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I watched the NHL.com replay on the Gaudreau goal. McDavid lost the play defensively, and Draisatl didn't come in time to help, although it looked like he could have, but he just didn't care enough to get there.

I think that might tell us a little about why Edmonton hasn't been as scary as we might have thought for the last years.

They also haven't gotten good goaltending at any point and they lack true top pairing defensemen. Nurse is close sometimes. But Cody Ceci has been their best defenseman at times this season.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Drais played it right. 2 players were already back and if he overcommits from behind it opens up a possible 3rd FWD all alone in the center of the ice.

EDM is also missing Kane and that changes the complexion of the team.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dean is turtling so hard, this is how he coaches right before they tie it usually

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
About to throw my remote and break my TV over this damn Whopper commercial.

Also this is hilarious.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dean's awfully mad for someone whose player definitely tripped the other player

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That was an interesting graphic. They showed the shot locations dots against MAF with an on-ice view, not the little top down graphic I'm used to seeing.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
MAFs going to win us this game, I'm calling it

He's had a string of bad games, preceeded by a string of fantastic games, preceeded by a string of bad games. Therefore.... we have a string of fantastic games to look forward to.

#science

I don't think he was tested too hard tonight... can't argue with the results.

Man. Parish looks like a million bucks... Dubs looks like a solid $.75

Brodin needs a letter... the team is just so much worse when hes not on the ice.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Brodin needs a letter...

Is he really Santa?

movie-quotes-from-violent-night-2.jpg

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Yup. Imagine if he works out. Duhaime goes on the 4th, to make a great 4th line, and Hartman is either #1C, or 13the forward.:rolleyes:
Holy shit. Duhaime in on the 4th... Reaves making popcorn. That alone gets me excited. And then add in Hartman in some capacity (he was garbage so far this year).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Holy shit. Duhaime in on the 4th... Reaves making popcorn. That alone gets me excited. And then add in Hartman in some capacity (he was garbage so far this year).
I still think he's better than Steel by a long shot, AND he has proven that he can produce when on that line. I do think that Steel is improving...he's one of those tweeners who isn't gritty enuf to be a 4th liner, not skilled enough to be a top 6 'er. He can be a mediocre 3rd liner.... on another team.
He tries hard, has some speed, some skill, but just not enough to make a difference.

Hartman can do dumb things, take bad penalties, but he is far stronger and tougher than Steel, wins board battles, has a good shot, and no shame about using it. Zucc and Kap can work with that, in the absence of anything better, especially if he is watching their backs in the corners, not that they seem to need it. Steel is a creampuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad