MAF in net

cb7ded0d273764c5dd2d344c17c8c980.png

Lets go Wild

Reactions: Uberdachen

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
In Fleury's last 6 starts, he has allowed 23 goals with an .865 sv%.
On the season, he has allowed 4+ goals in 8 of his 18 starts (44%), and his quality start percentage is 39%.

In Gus' last 6 starts, he has allowed 13 goals with a .930 sv%.
On the season, he has allowed 4+ goals in 3 of his 10 starts (30%), and his quality start percentage is 67%.

I hope the Oilers score 8+ on us tonight.

Reactions: Bdub

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
“Ride the hot hand” “play the guy that gives us the best chance to win” “it’s an easy decision”

Gus plays the best game probably of his career and they put fleury right back in LOL

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Gus plays the best game probably of his career and they put fleury right back in LOL
Not the smartest decision, Guerin strikes again.

Never mind what would be better for the team, must not insult the Vezina winner :rolleyes:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
“Ride the hot hand” “play the guy that gives us the best chance to win” “it’s an easy decision”

Yeah, the decision's a bit questionable, for sure. I was surprised when they didn't start with Talbot in the playoffs last season when he'd both played better than Fleury, and it was his turn in the rotation.

I'm no longer surprised when Fleury gets the start in a situation where he probably shouldn't.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
It makes sense Guerin wouldn't trust Gustavsson, it's just 3 good months after all.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I mean theoretically this is one of the games where you play the weaker goalie. Home game against a team that we have dominated over several seasons(decades), and one that we know we can score against even if Fleury has a rough night.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Once more.....
NHL brass are dumb, stupid, rock-headed, and however many more insulting synonyms you can come up with. Guerin is just a dumb old hockey player. Why any of us would expect him to be a good GM is beyond me.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I wish we had a GM and/or coach that was more transparent rather than someone who just tweaks the same few responses to answer ever question. All Deano ever says is coach-speak. They try and act like there’s not politics behind the scenes but Flower has been holding this team back this year and nobody is willing to make an adjustment.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
I wish we had a GM and/or coach that was more transparent rather than someone who just tweaks the same few responses to answer ever question. All Deano ever says is coach-speak. They try and act like there’s not politics behind the scenes but Flower has been holding this team back this year and nobody is willing to make an adjustment.

The main reason behind everything that happens under Guerin/Evason is nepotism. Fleury is Guerin's friend, so he gets all kinds of special treatment.

Gustafson may well turn out to be a 1A/1B goalie, or at least a serviceable 2, but it won't be here, because he is just a plug in right now, and Guerin isn't actually paying any attention.

Reactions: Wabit

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I'd rather have a GM that doesn't really speak to the press (Lamoriello) and a coach like Tortorella who jut walks away or jumps all over the press.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't think anyone gets to be upset with Talbot for publicly speaking up and wanting to get out of here anymore.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't think anyone gets to be upset with Talbot for publicly speaking up and wanting to get out of here anymore.

Wasn't it his wife that said things and he was more diplomatic in saying things?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd rather have a GM that doesn't really speak to the press (Lamoriello) and a coach like Tortorella who jut walks away or jumps all over the press.
I don't really give a damn, if he's smarter than the other GM's and gets us a Cup winning team. Sam Pollock was no charmer, but no one gave a damn because he was genius. Transparent, Transgender, Transformational....I don't care.

We need a winning team.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Why any of us would expect him to be a good GM is beyond me.
Well...Leipold was thrilled when Guerin arrived, worked sooo hard to get his signature. Now Guerin runs everything, looks like he even has the owner in his pocket.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
MAFs going to win us this game, I'm calling it

He's had a string of bad games, preceeded by a string of fantastic games, preceeded by a string of bad games. Therefore.... we have a string of fantastic games to look forward to.

#science

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Walker's already looking pretty good, lost the handle on the 2v1 but he's all over the place so far

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Russo says there are scouts in the building tonight, including a GM. Dumba showcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad