GDT: G:28 Oiler @ Wild 7pm CT (BSNX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I still think he's better than Steel by a long shot, AND he has proven that he can produce when on that line. I do think that Steel is improving...he's one of those tweeners who isn't gritty enuf to be a 4th liner, not skilled enough to be a top 6 'er. He can be a mediocre 3rd liner.... on another team.
He tries hard, has some speed, some skill, but just not enough to make a difference.

Hartman can do dumb things, take bad penalties, but he is far stronger and tougher than Steel, wins board battles, has a good shot, and no shame about using it. Zucc and Kap can work with that, in the absence of anything better, especially if he is watching their backs in the corners, not that they seem to need it. Steel is a creampuff.

It's a tossup for me. I don't think either one of them is better than the other. They just do things differently.

As a team build I'd rather have:
Kap/Steel/Zucc
Shaw/JEE/Boldy
Greenway/Hartman/Foligno
Duhaime/Dewar/Reaves
Freddy G.

2 scoring lines and 2 lines that just punish other teams and chip in some points.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brodin with over 25 minutes tonight, JEE with close to 23. Both were rock solid.

We also lead the league in PIM. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Brodin with over 25 minutes tonight, JEE with close to 23. Both were rock solid.

We also lead the league in PIM. Ridiculous.

so-youre-telling-me-were-number-one-memes-com-we-are-52375784.png

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I saw a guy at the store this weekend getting his jersey

He looks taller than the 5'10 he's listed at too
He's listed at 5'11" on some sites, and i think i even saw 6' somewhere. Certainly taller than the smurfier players like Spurgeon, Shaw, Dewar, and maybe Addison.

I've always thought of him as medium height, not small. Wiry rather than thick, for sure. Very athletic, and quick twitch.

Bacon and Ek, solid as a rock. PIM is a concern though, that's for sure
I thought the Shaw penalty was very soft. I mean, what's Klostin, 6'4"? Knocked over by a nudge from 5'9" Shaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad