GDT: G:26 BB's Mom's Favorite Team @ BB's Team 6pm CT/2am Finland (FSN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Feels like we've been pretty unlucky, Andersen has been lucky and good, and the Leafs have been lucky.

We're playing well enough to be winning, but just aren't getting puck luck.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Well, it seemed to me to be deflected and not directed from what I saw. So in that case, on my view, it's a good goal.
Honestly, I think it was more deflected as well. It's just a tough call when looking at the rule and trying to determine if they were trying to slightly redirect it versus it being an innocent deflection. It makes sense how the calls can be inconsistent in those situations.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Zucker has had some golden chances and can't bury anything. He's not capitalizing this year.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The league rule saying a goal is disallowed if the glove directs the puck into the net, while also saying the goal is allowed if it's deflected into the net is too damn fine a line to get these calls right every time.
The difference is a deflection is something that hits you. A direction is you hitting something. Thus the question, is Hyman trying to touch that puck? The answer to that question tells you if the goal shouldcount or not.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Waiting for the rule.
67.6 Disallowed Goal - A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck with his hand into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck and it is deflected into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official. When the puck enters the net on a clear deflection off a glove, the goal shall be allowed.

Somebody else may need to explain it to you. I'm bored with you takes

MehMild

Not someone whose name means testicles.
Jan 25, 2017
Obtuse is the word that comes to mind.

Let's get a PP goal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Granlund turning on the jets.Staal has find a corner, though. We keep shooting into Anderson's middle

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
Your team has some deceptive speed.
Zucker has had some golden chances and can't bury anything. He's not capitalizing this year.

Dude is buzzing around though, on our feed I keep hearing his name whenever the Wild have a decent chance.

Reactions: Wild11MN

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Staal shoots straight at the center of the net and Granlund just walks towards the net looking for passing opportunities until is surrounded by Leafs players. :shakehead

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So Zucker's flub cost them a goal AND he missed the easiest tying goal ever. If they lose, he should have to sit in the corner.

MehMild

Not someone whose name means testicles.
Jan 25, 2017
67.6 Disallowed Goal - A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck with his hand into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck and it is deflected into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official. When the puck enters the net on a clear deflection off a glove, the goal shall be allowed.

Somebody else may need to explain it to you. I'm bored with *your* takes

Thanks for the help. Again. Pretty clear it was a good goal. Not batted or directed. It was deflected.

Do you need further assistance with "my takes"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad