GDT: G:26 BB's Mom's Favorite Team @ BB's Team 6pm CT/2am Finland (FSN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (14-9-2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (18-8-0)
Puck drop: 6:15 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North PLUS; FOX Sports app
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

So I just heard that the Leafs haven't signed one of their RFA's, some guy named Nylander. I thought Nylander was playing for Buffalo's AHL team. :huh: You'd think the main boards would be all over this, but not a peep about it. :sarcasm: They have until 4pm (CT) to sign him or he can't play this year.

Minnesota is 8-1-0 in its last nine games against Toronto, including a seven-game win streak (11/13/13-12/7/16)…The Wild has scored one goal or less in seven of its nine all-time losses to the Maple Leafs…In its 11 wins, Minnesota has outscored Toronto, 34-14, including a Wild shootout goal.

BB story from a couple of years ago:

“I was talking to my mom the other day and she said ‘I’m so nervous you’re coming to Toronto to play the Leafs,’ “ Boudreau explained in the video. “I said ‘Well mom, who are you going to cheer for?’ And she said ‘I don’t know yet.’ I said ‘I’m your son, you have to cheer for me.’ She said ‘Oh, the Leafs are so good this year.’

de9d4eff7803a67a01be63ed32346b00babee1dbdc71f21f2c8ae121ac33ec0a.jpg

Lets Go Wild! (please don't suck tonight)

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Lets sneak in a win while the entire Toronto is focused on the Nylander debacle

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The last week and half knocked all the optimism out of me.

Well if that's the case the Wild are going to win big today. Pump that optimism back up, just to knock it back out of you in a week or so. :help:

MehMild

Not someone whose name means testicles.
Jan 25, 2017
At first I liked Walz in the booth just because it gave me a break from Greenlame but sadly they are both garbage. NICKY SEELER. Take a drink every time.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Meh, he's better than Greenlay IMO. He actually knows what he's talking about.

I just wish we could get rid of fingernails on the chalkboard goal call Lapanta.

He knows he stuff sure. It just takes him too long to get the words out of his mouth. He can't seem to go from video room coaching to tv color. He can't even fake objectivity either, total homerism is his comments.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He knows he stuff sure. It just takes him too long to get the words out of his mouth. He can't seem to go from video room coaching to tv color. He can't even fake objectivity either, total homerism is his comments.
No more homer than Greenlay, except he has no clue what he's talking about no matter how quick he can spit it out.

Not saying Walz is great, just saying I like him better than Greenlay. It's a very low bar.

Until the Wild finally look outside the box for tv booth talent, we're going to be stuck with crap.

Lapanta never deserved the job, yet he got it because he is local... nothing more.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No more homer than Greenlay, except he has no clue what he's talking about no matter how quick he can spit it out.

Not saying Walz is great, just saying I like him better than Greenlay. It's a very low bar.

Until the Wild finally look outside the box for tv booth talent, we're going to be stuck with crap.

Lapanta never deserved the job, yet he got it because he is local... nothing more.

Lapanta isn't a bad play-by-play guy. People don't like his goal call, but he makes very few mistakes while calling the game live. Give him a quality color guy to work and let him focus on just the play-by-play and it would be a good booth.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Lapanta isn't a bad play-by-play guy. People don't like his goal call, but he makes very few mistakes while calling the game live. Give him a quality color guy to work and let him focus on just the play-by-play and it would be a good booth.
If your goal call is like fingernails on a chalkboard, you aren't very good. That is your calling card.

Where we've gone since the beginning makes me regret ever complaining about Mike Big Drive Goldberg. He's the best play by play guy we've had... on tv that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad