GDT: G:14 Election day (US) Wild @ Sharks: 9:30 pm CT/5:30 am Finland (FSN)

Vote!!!!!

• Total voters

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (8-3-2) at San Jose Sharks (7-4-3)
Puck drop: 9:38 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North; FOX Sports app
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

dont-forget-to-vote-image1.png

Keeping this non-political, just reminding (US) people to get to the polls.

Minnesota Wild GM Paul Fenton played his final NHL season with San Jose, recording 15 points (11-4=15) and 33 PIM in 60 games (1991-92).

EK and Nino are tied for goals this year.

brent-burns-rookie.jpg

Remember this clean-cut guy? What ever happened to him? :speechles

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Who: Minnesota Wild (8-3-2) at San Jose Sharks (7-4-3)
Puck drop: 9:38 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North; FOX Sports app
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

dont-forget-to-vote-image1.png

Keeping this non-political, just reminding (US) people to get to the polls.

Minnesota Wild GM Paul Fenton played his final NHL season with San Jose, recording 15 points (11-4=15) and 33 PIM in 60 games (1991-92).

EK and Nino are tied for goals this year.

brent-burns-rookie.jpg

Remember this clean-cut guy? What ever happened to him? :speechles

If he exists at all now, it is only in the form of a tattoo on an upright wildebeest. Hopefully that west coast bumble reignites Ek's goooooal fever and whatever the f*** happened in St. Louis can continue. I know we're supposed to keep this secret, but I'm voting for all four forward lines showing up in the first period. Wait, there's no poll? This shit is rigged!

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm still riding the high from last game so I fully expect for this one to bring me back down toward earth. Hoping for another strong start in this one.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I keep predicting against the Wild. It's not going well for me. Don't see how they are winning so much with Coyle and Nino being such non factors, but I guess Parise is looking good, and Doobs has been really good( though his puckhandling is an abomination).

So, is this start time better, worse, or equally as bad for our stalwart Finnish contingent?

Is it possible that the Western conference is just not as good as it used to be, and that's why we are doing so well? The CA, STL, and CHI teams used to be a tough beat. Not so much anymore.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I keep predicting against the Wild. It's not going well for me. Don't see how they are winning so much with Coyle and Nino being such non factors, but I guess Parise is looking good, and Doobs has been really good( though his puckhandling is an abomination).

So, is this start time better, worse, or equally as bad for our stalwart Finnish contingent?

Is it possible that the Western conference is just not as good as it used to be, and that's why we are doing so well? The CA, STL, and CHI teams used to be a tough beat. Not so much anymore.

It feels like a changing of the guard in the Pacific Division. The Cali teams owned it for so long but they've gotten old and have some bloated contracts. The 3 Canadian teams are younger and have the top end talent to take charge of the Division for a few years. SJS seem to be the Cali team to beat this year, they just haven't gelled yet imo.

STL has major goalie issues so I don't know how good of a team they really have. CHI has those cap killer contracts and the d-corps went to poop.

The next CBA will be interesting if there is a compliance buyout of two given to each team.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Felt wrong to have an Election Day GDT without a poll!

I didn't know what to add for a poll. My mind was on politics when I made the GDT, and I didn't really want to open that door on the boards.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

For what it's worth, west is destroying the east so far head to head

jackouu

Nov 25, 2015
Helsinki

Heaps better as you can have a proper sleep and then just wake up few hours earlier than normally and watch the game.
The usual - sleeping a couple of hours, watching the game and then trying to sleep more just doesn't work at all :help:

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Heaps better as you can have a proper sleep and then just wake up few hours earlier than normally and watch the game.
The usual - sleeping a couple of hours, watching the game and then trying to sleep more just doesn't work at all :help:

For me this is the worst, normal game days I can still go sleep at 6 am and wake up after the noon and go to work. And there's the election circus to watch, too :help:

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
This is a tough poll. I feel like we win, but I can't help thinking there is a good chance that we win. Either way, I just hope we win!

Go Wild! Take a bite out of the Sharks.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Come on, Nino! Score a goal!

FirsthandWeepyAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif

Nino! Nino! Nino! My favorite player over the last couple years, been tough of late. Granny has firmly taken his place, but I'm open to change my mind again. Need to see him scoring some goals... Also need to see him mixing it up in front of the net. Seems like I remember him constantly getting pushed and shoved post whistle right in front of the crease when he's on. Don't recall seeing that at all this year.

PS. This start time SUCKS. To my Finnish friends, sorry for whining.... You're the real mvp.

Last edited:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
You guys watch our election circus that closely?

Yes. Our public broadcaster YLE has the CBS livefeed throughout the night and it's the biggest news item since yesterday, easily. From the morning following and analysing the results will dominate the news.

It's always a big deal, but also electing Donald Trump has really shocked us outside the States.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Yes. Our public broadcaster YLE has the CBS livefeed throughout the night and it's the biggest news item since yesterday, easily. From the morning following and analysing the results will dominate the news.

It's always a big deal, but also electing Donald Trump has really shocked us outside the States.

Damn... Honestly, and quite sadly, I don't think the general populace here follows it much. It's all hysterics and voting on party lines.

Reactions: FVM

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

It shocked us IN the States...

I've been watching election coverage since I woke up this afternoon (I'm generally nocturnal, stayed up later this morning because I wanted to catch Bohemian Rhapsody after I voted this morning - loved the film!), and will have election coverage on flashback on my tv during the game tonight.

Reactions: FVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad