Future of Leafs D

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
piss off Muzzin enough to make him demand a trade and waive hit NTC
Not that I think they would move him but does he have a full NTC or just a list of certain teams he can't be traded to?

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Suggested weeks ago that they need to give Lillijgren an extended look with Muzzin. That didn't go over too well with the regulars.
Guessing before long it will start to seem like a great idea. :laugh:
what they need to do is give Lil an extended long term contract while he still may be willing to sign one for under 2/per on a long deal. ...as soon as he's secured a spot, thats not likely to be an option, short deals with a raise every year like Dermott, but, if he surpasses Dermott, we'll have wasted the chance
I'd also like to try him with Rielly, and move Brodie down with Muzzin, as he seems to go into rush mode way too often and get caught up ice, and a better shutdown pair could be useful.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Not that I think they would move him but does he have a full NTC or just a list of certain teams he can't be traded to?
full NTC right now, and starting July 1, 2023: Player submits a 10 team no trade list. (capfriendly)

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Get rid of Holl first please. He's one of the worst D-men I've seen in a loooong time. I dunno wtf happened to this guy. I'd still like to hold on to Muzzin, he's a big physical D man. He hasn't been good this year but I still believe he can turn it around.

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Lily
Muzzin - *Manson (make it happen Dubas)

And you can play around with the bottom 2 pairings, swap Lily/Manson so you have some mobility and physicality on every pairing.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
piss off Muzzin enough to make him demand a trade and waive hit NTC
He signed here to raise his new family at his home (and family's homes) in Woodstock .. he has condo at Kipling/Dundas and goes back and forth in his truck .. he ain't going anywhere my friend

Reactions: Ciao

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Get rid of Holl first please. He's one of the worst D-men I've seen in a loooong time. I dunno wtf happened to this guy. I'd still like to hold on to Muzzin, he's a big physical D man. He hasn't been good this year but I still believe he can turn it around.

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Lily
Muzzin - *Manson (make it happen Dubas)

And you can play around with the bottom 2 pairings, swap Lily/Manson so you have some mobility and physicality on every pairing.

Under an assumption where you add Manson, you don't pair him with Muzzin... You give Muzzin someone a little more mobile, like Lily.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
True enough. All players have their ups and downs, I'm still counting on Muzzin being an important player for us when the playoffs start.
he needs to invest in bigger/better shot block covers/skate fenders though
...what this team really needs is a Gary Nylund!

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Yikes. I guess you don't get to be the most popular GM with Agents for nothing. :laugh:
There isnt a no movement clause. You tell him you are sending him to the Marlies and putting him on waivers....might be picked up by a crap city or he can facilitate a trade to a better one.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
It’s pretty clear that the Leafs need to upgrade on Holl/Dermott. There really isn’t very many realistic options out there right now.

Damon Severson would be ideal but would probably cost an arm and a leg on top of New Jersey probably not wanting to move him. Matt Roy could be a solid option from LA.

To Toronto: Matt Roy
To Los Angeles: Travis Dermott, Pierre Engvall

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase
Ritchie - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Roy
Muzzin - Liljegren

We either keep Holl as the 7th or trade him for a draft pick and a cheaper 7th dman.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth

tuckertowns

Sep 5, 2009
YEG
That pairing has been dreadful all season. Odd man rushes one after another. Holl is a 3rd pairing defenseman, simple as that. I think we need to have a look at different pairings and see if something else works and make a trade close to the deadline to give us more depth.

Rielly - Sandin
Muzzin - Brodie
Dermott - Liljegren
-Rubins

Trade Holl immediately. Make a trade at the deadline for a tough defenseman who can play tough playoff style minutes in a shutdown/PK roll.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
There isnt a no movement clause. You tell him you are sending him to the Marlies and putting him on waivers....might be picked up by a crap city or he can facilitate a trade to a better one.

A no movement clause means he can’t be sent to the Marlies or put on waivers.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Dubas doesn't play like that.

Reactions: Ciao

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
It’s pretty clear that the Leafs need to upgrade on Holl/Dermott. There really isn’t very many realistic options out there right now.

Damon Severson would be ideal but would probably cost an arm and a leg on top of New Jersey probably not wanting to move him. Matt Roy could be a solid option from LA.

To Toronto: Matt Roy
To Los Angeles: Travis Dermott, Pierre Engvall

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase
Ritchie - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Roy
Muzzin - Liljegren

We either keep Holl as the 7th or trade him for a draft pick and a cheaper 7th dman.
once Mik is ready, i'd offer Holl and Engvall to MTL for Chiarot ...though, someone will likely offer a 1st for him as a rental (just hope it isnt us)

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Screenshot_20211210-113512_Chrome.jpg

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
once Mik is ready, i'd offer Holl and Engvall to MTL for Chiarot ...though, someone will likely offer a 1st for him as a rental (just hope it isnt us)
Only downfall with Chiarot is that he’s another left hand defenceman which would potentially only leave us with Liljegren being a righty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad