Future Considerations March Top 60

R S

Sep 18, 2006
RNH remains their number one.

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wo...ins-retains-top-spot-in-march-draft-rankings/

1). C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Red Deer, WHL, 6’-0.5â€, 170 Lbs
2). C/LW Sean Couturier, Drummondville, QMJHL, 6’-4â€, 195 Lbs
3). D Adam Larsson, Skelleftea, SEL, 6’-3â€, 205 Lbs
4). RW Gabriel Landeskog, Kitchener, OHL, 6’-1â€, 205 Lbs
5). D Dougie Hamilton, Niagara, OHL, 6’-4.5â€, 195 Lbs
6). C Jonathan Huberdeau, Saint John, QMJHL, 6’-1â€, 165 Lbs
7). D Ryan Murphy, Kitchener, OHL, 5’-10.5â€, 175 Lbs
8). RW Ryan Strome, Niagara, OHL, 6’-0.5â€, 185 Lbs
9). D Nathan Beaulieu, Saint John, QMJHL, 6’-2â€, 185 Lbs
10). D Duncan Siemens, Saskatoon, WHL, 6’-3â€, 200 Lbs
11). RW Brandon Saad, Saginaw, OHL, 6’-1.5â€, 210 Lbs
12). RW Joel Armia, Assat, SM-Liiga, 6’-3â€, 195 Lbs
13). C Mark McNeill, Prince Albert, WHL, 6’-1â€, 205 Lbs
14). LW Matt Puempel, Peterborough, OHL, 6’-0â€, 200 Lbs
15). C Mika Zibanejad, Djurgardens Jr., Sweden, 6’-1.5â€, 185 Lbs

I really like their rankings overall, but their are some things that stand out for me.

- I still think the top 4 are totally interchangable, so I won't pick that apart.

- Beaulieu is too high, but I still see him as a top 20, especially if he plays well in the playoffs.

- I don't like Stefan Noesen at 50, should be much higher.

- I think Nieto is a late first rounder.

- I doubt a goalie goes as high as they have John Gibson.

- Bartschi will go higher than late in the first.

OilerOlli*

Colin Jacobs not even in the Top 60?
I know he was a bit falling, but that is surprising.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Definitely see Oleksiak going earlier then they have him. Won't say it's a guarantee, but if he goes after #20 someone is getting an absolute steal.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Definitely see Oleksiak going earlier then they have him. Won't say it's a guarantee, but if he goes after #20 someone is getting an absolute steal.

When it comes down to it, the kid is still a massive project that won't ever be a Chara.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I like this top 15. No Tyler Biggs until 16 as many have in the top 10. Didn't drop Matt Puempel that much just because of his injury. Beaulieu ahead of Siemans? Not sure about that but can see them hitting on 13 or 14 of this top 15 for sure.

Somehow, I'd suspect more than 5 of the top 15 are D-men though, probably add in one or two other dmen at 13-15...maybe Musil and Oleksiak.

Grimaldi has talent but cant see him going top 20 and perhaps not even first round except maybe to a team with multiple picks and late ones like Toronto (although probably not Burkes king of player).

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Figured Phillips would be in the 1st round instead of 37 but I wouldn't mind seeing the Leafs grab him up with their 2nd rounder.

Doubt Oleksiak goes that far, I think some GM will take a chance simply due to his size and he can skate well.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
somehow jensen and oleksiak are in the 20's, I hope to god that either of them fall to the 20's because their my main targets in this draft(and zibanenjad too, which is a pipedream). I honestly don't see Namestnikov, Gibson, or Bell as 1st rounders.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
It's going to be a total crapshoot in the top10.

I heard today from someone with serious sources that at least 3 NHL scouts have Strome and Hamilton ahead of Couturier. And Murphy's stock is falling because of his current concussion and the concern that his height might lend itself to incidental contact to the head, which is not a good thing for someone who's just had his first concussion.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

I heard today from someone with serious sources that at least 3 NHL scouts have Strome and Hamilton ahead of Couturier. And Murphy's stock is falling because of his current concussion and the concern that his height might lend itself to incidental contact to the head, which is not a good thing for someone who's just had his first concussion.

Strome isn't surprising but Hamilton is a bit of one. I think the 3 lower centers after Nugent-Hopkins (Strome, Couturier, Huburdeau) could go in any order.

And Murphys already back from his concussion and has easily been Kitcheners best player in the gameshes been back. Very mild concussion , and the same could be said for Crosby, who is also 5'11 that height lead to his concussion. Don't see why height is a problem.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Strome isn't surprising but Hamilton is a bit of one. I think the 3 lower centers after Nugent-Hopkins (Strome, Couturier, Huburdeau) could go in any order.

Yeah he said they're giving Strome the edge over the other two because of the strength of the OHL. With Hamilton, they keep coming back to his size. That size can't be taught, and when coupled with his skating ability it give's him some flexibility as to different roles he could play in a top4.

arsmaster*

Im telling you right now, if Couturier falls outside the top 5, the team @ 6th sprints to the stage.

Mar 14, 2011
oleksiek at 25? i hope so i would want to draft him and peumpel with the 2 1st and boone jenner or zach phillips with the second..... o well a guy can dream

kdb527

Nov 16, 2010
RNH remains their number one.

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wo...ins-retains-top-spot-in-march-draft-rankings/

I really like their rankings overall, but their are some things that stand out for me.

- I still think the top 4 are totally interchangable, so I won't pick that apart.

- Beaulieu is too high, but I still see him as a top 20, especially if he plays well in the playoffs.

- I don't like Stefan Noesen at 50, should be much higher.

- I think Nieto is a late first rounder.

- I doubt a goalie goes as high as they have John Gibson.

- Bartschi will go higher than late in the first.

Agreed, Noesen should be much higher. I brought this up before when FC has updated their rankings, but they have never spelled Noesen's name correctly. Not that it's a big deal, but it tells me that they are not looking at all the players on their list and putting any thought into it. Probably just moving a few players around here and there.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Our 2 most reliable "insider" bloggers have said the Sens are a team that is very high on Strome. One of them actually said 2 of our scouts have him at #2. Also said Couturier falling pretty hard...but said Hamilton not a big deal to us either.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Good list, I'm hoping the Bruins have a chance at Hamilton, this kid plays and all around good game.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Our 2 most reliable "insider" bloggers have said the Sens are a team that is very high on Strome. One of them actually said 2 of our scouts have him at #2. Also said Couturier falling pretty hard...but said Hamilton not a big deal to us either.

Yeah, Strome is getting a lot of love. It doesn't surprise me that Ottawa wouldn't be all that into Hamilton, what with all their young talent on D in Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen, etc... But I would be surprised if they passed on Landeskog. Seems like the Sens have a thing for the Swedes and who would be a better mentor for him than Alfredsson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad