GDT: Full Blown Assed GDT: Flames @ Devils - 4 Game Win Streak, What Up With That?

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm so ****ing tired of those two I want them gone as much as some of the players.

Deb is just too old nowadays and Johnny Mac is just an awful television personality. I had an open mind early in the season, let him get his feet wet a little bit, but he still sucks. Get him out of here.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Flames record since December 6th.
15-16-2

That's after their 17-8-2 start.

So are they really that good?

:shakehead

You do realize the Flames are 15-9-1 since December 22nd, right?
And that our last seven losses have come against teams that were in the second round of last year's playoffs?
And that we're 11th in goal differential?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dano also has an orgasm over almost any threatening play or any kind of save (by either goalie) or even some simple defensive play.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If you guys want to rip Deb fine but let's not get into Shallow Hal type stuff

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Great.

Cup is soon to come.

You do realize that you won't be a playoff team next year, or possibly not even this year, right?

I don't know about that. They do play in the West but they have a brighter future then us. Practically, 99% of the league has a brighter future than us.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know about that. They do play in the West but they have a brighter future then us. Practically, 99% of the league has a brighter future than us.

Your last point is all that needs to be said.

Not hard to find a team that doesn't have a brighter future than us.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Believe it or not, I'm tired of talking about the Flames.

You sure don't sound like it.

But you got fanbases (just like the Jets too) that feel the need to defend their team on other teams forums all the time.

I just dropped by here to check up on how you guys feel about Adam Larsson, because usually when you're focused on your own team, you sometimes forget to pay mind to opposing Dmen and I was just curious if you guys liked his game tonight or not.

.....And then I come across a post where you're pulling up convenient stats for some inexplicable reason to diminish the Flames' accomplishments (and for that matter, Karri Ramo, who has given us a 5 game winning streak earlier in the season, as well as some other solid wins yet you feel "sucks").

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
While Flame fans have been fair for the most part, you guys gotta understand this is our game thread...we're gonna vent a little here during and after a probable season-ending loss :laugh: Bleed of course has his own level of venting that is amusing to most of us though ;)

We do have a Larsson thread fwiw, but to answer the question yes he had another very good game tonight and for the most part we're all pleased with his progress in the second half of the season.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Letting their guard down the last 20 seconds of the 2nd cost them the game.

Devils win if they closed out the period and didn't start the 3rd shorthanded.

Calgary was begging to be beat til that Devils implosion.

Still not sure what Zid was thinking on the first goal allowed.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I have been watching the opposing teams broadcast lately, actually I don't think they had lost since I started watching the other broadcast, but for some reason I decided to watch the Devils broadcast after the first so I think that explains the loss :laugh: Decided to watch other broadcasts because I have gotten sick of our crew as well. It's amazing how we had the best pbp-color combination just a few years ago and now we're stuck with this ****.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Letting their guard down the last 20 seconds of the 2nd cost them the game.

Devils win if they closed out the period and didn't start the 3rd shorthanded.

Calgary was begging to be beat til that Devils implosion.

Still not sure what Zid was thinking on the first goal allowed.

Not sure what he is ever thinking

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was puzzled why Gomez took that faceoff.

Losing it was not a surprise but then 2 or 3 Devils let the Calgary defensemen easily retrieve the puck,skate by them and have time to easily shoot it down the ice.
Weak sequence of events.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I have been watching the opposing teams broadcast lately, actually I don't think they had lost since I started watching the other broadcast, but for some reason I decided to watch the Devils broadcast after the first so I think that explains the loss :laugh: Decided to watch other broadcasts because I have gotten sick of our crew as well. It's amazing how we had the best pbp-color combination just a few years ago and now we're stuck with this ****.

Goes along well with the team

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Have we even beaten the Flames since we played in the Meadowlands?

I can't remember one win against them in the last 10 years, not even kidding.

Amazingly the last Devil head coach to beat Calgary was John MacLean.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Daneyko is fine when hes on NHL Live just talking hockey but there's no way he should be a professional broadcaster. His voice isn't cut out for it. I would have much preferred Kevin Weekes instead of him but hes got a nice gig on NHL Network and HNIC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad