GDT: R2G1 - Avalanche @ Stars - 7:30PM - Nate Wick

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Mikko really takes some dumb penalties. He refuses to skat
I’m so mad. Started out by the game not being on.. they had two games and they can figure out how to make it work

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You’re right. The Stars are basically the Jets.
Were we supposed to sweep the Stars? I don’t think many people expected that. If we lose this game and game 2, then it will be somewhat concerning. The goal is always try to get at least one when you start on the road. We shouldn’t be surprised at how the Avs look in this game since they always look bad after long breaks

Reactions: MildAvaholic

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Both teams played tight 5v5. Just happens that we have the worst goalie in the league.
It's okay though. Georgiev just needs a game to scout out the other team's shooters in person before figuring out how to stop them. He'll be better in Game 2.

Reactions: MildAvaholic

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Blaming the goalie is so lazy.

Watch the play and look for the break downs. Did any one see what Mackinnon and Rants were doing on that 1st goal?
One bad goal and the other two weren’t really on him but sometimes you need to make the change to wake the team up. Just let Juice play the rest of the game anyways

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
You'd be surprised how often this happens in sports. Players that just have natural talent but show up for the paycheck. I wouldn't say that's entirely Mikko but he's been checked out since the cup for sure.
I was on an Ask Me Anything with a former Bronco player and I asked how many NFL players were there for the check vs truly loving the game. He said 75% of guys were pure paycheck.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Were we supposed to sweep the Stars? I don’t think many people expected that. If we lose this game and game 2, then it will be somewhat concerning. The goal is always try to get at least one when you start on the road. We shouldn’t be surprised of how the Avs look in this game since they always look bad after long breaks

That’s not true. They had no problem smoking Vegas in game 1 (2021) after a long break. Or dominating Tampa in game 1 (2022) after a long break. But I guess if you want to use that as an excuse so you feel better, then more power to you.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I just don't understand how an NHL goalie can be so bad. I can't remember Fourgiev stealing a single game this year. Even Raycroft/Budaj/Theodore stole a game once in a while.

Reactions: katfude

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Honestly didn’t hate the period. 0 high danger chances for either team. 5 chances to 3 to Dallas but they had 3 PP’s. Don’t think Dallas looked that great, if we can get a quick goal we should be right back in it.

Reactions: Bender

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
1. Pavelski couldn't even skate during the Vegas series. Now he looks rejuvenated against the Avs.

2. Benn attacks the net after the Avs give up a 2 on 1 deep with the Avs D man over committing to the Dallas F1.

George misses the poke check and sprawls unsuccessfully on Benn.

Just like Samsonov in the Leafs/Bruins game/series winner......

Must be a Russian goaltending technique?? lol
Yeah but George is not Russian.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That’s not true. They had no problem smoking Vegas in game 1 (2021) after a long break. Or dominating Tampa in game 1 (2022) after a long break. But I guess if you want to use that as an excuse so you feel better, then more power to you.
Well, the team looks way different so far compared to how they looked against the Jets. If it’s not rust, then we’re just much worse than Dallas. I tend to believe it’s rust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad