GDT: Full-assed GDT: Note Vs Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Wanted to watch game last night but couldn't... sounds like on here that Parayko had a solid game and he was one of the only few in the pluses last night and chipped in with an assist. Such a good player that can be relied on always. I have yet to see him have a bad game... sure hes had some quieter games, but I think they are considered quiet just cause hes been unreal in many games.

I hope his offensive numbers pick up again cause I loved seeing him up with all the offensive rookie forwards around the league on the stats board.

Love seeing that although he had some quieter games that he still is

3rd in team points,
1st in team +-,
6th highest point total for rookies in NHL
2nd best +- for rookies in NHL.
and tops in a lot of NHL rookie dmen categories

..... I love doing the good old NHL.COM stat checking and seeing Parayko high in a lot of categories!!!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Kudos for Florida for playing the way they needed to to win the game. The Blues simply didn't show the will to win enough to work hard enough to do it. It was the same vs Columbus (and Buffalo for that matter, even though they managed to win those games). They look better vs rivals and Western opponents.

Not maintaining enough possession, pressure or winning enough board battles. The team wasn't willing or able to dump and chase when that was what the opponent was allowing (and daring them to do).

Its a long season. Some teams are already playing with more desperation and desire, and the Blues aren't there yet. I see the same thing from Chicago at times (including last regular season) where they looked pretty average and then in the post-season they had a couple higher gears.

I see no reason to get too high or too low with any of these regular season developments. Unless the team starts to fade from playoff position, its irrelevant.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Bought tickets for me and my dad to go because it was his birthday.

That was the first time we've ever left a game early. Absolutely pathetic showing.

Edit: Really bummed I missed out on the beer conversation. Urban Chestnut, 4 Hands, and Boulevard are all personal favorites of mine.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I watched the Panthers stack five guys on the blue line all night. The logical plan to attack that is to chip it fast the Panthers at the line and go get it. Did Hitch make that adjustment? Of course not. He drives me bonkers with his lack of adjustments.

If he cannot make adjustment in regular what about..

giphy.gif

But lets hope this is good wake up call coaches and players.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Its sad that we seem to get to this point every year, but it might be time to "shoot a hostage." There is simply no excuse for such a poor level of effort and execution over and over again.

I really wish someone would ask Hitch in his post-game presser:

"Hitch, how do feel about the execution of your team?"

Just so he can pull out the old John McKay line:

"I'm in favor of it."

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We dominate on FO circle that is positive. Lehterä was 75% 12/16 on FO, season high if I do remember correctly.
Reaves with 5 hits, good good. I won't make a statement yet, but hope 'old' Reaver is back. We need now 4th line hard hitting extra boost builders. Next game is against Islanders which leads NHL hit parade.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Sounds like overreaction to me. They're second in the conference, and not playing their best. Still missing two top 9 players. The effort level will go up and down over the season. The key is not to allow bad games to turn into bad streaks.

Their main problem is that the team is talented enough to overcome streaky effort and still win games. But not against good opponents and not every time. Teams get desperate and the effort level follows, but it happens at different times for different teams. Why should the players feel desperate now? They're in a decent playoff position. You can't artificially force the desperation...or the coach starts to sound out of touch with reality.

Last year there was criticism that they got too down after a loss like this.

To me, it was just a crappy game, not indicative of what this team is capable of doing. I fully expect they'll trend back up, have a streak with several good games, and then have another lull like this over the next 2-3 months. As long as they continue to be in a comfortable playoff spot, who cares?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
We dominate on FO circle that is positive. Lehterä was 75% 12/16 on FO, season high if I do remember correctly.
Reaves with 5 hits, good good. I won't make a statement yet, but hope 'old' Reaver is back. We need now 4th line hard hitting extra boost builders. Next game is against Islanders which leads NHL hit parade.

I thought it was Reaves best game in a loooong time, maybe all season. Parayko had a good game, too. Edmundson also.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Reaves looked back to his old form last night, hopefully he can maintain that level of play going forward.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
We just tried competing in a track meet last night but didn't actually try anything off the rush. I'm tired of all trying to make a fancy pass through an opposing players. I'm all for creativity but there are times where you just need to make the safe play or dump. We also did a horrible job last night sealing the boards in the offensive zone. Whenever we would run our dump and chase we could not effectively keep the puck in the zone.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sounds like overreaction to me. They're second in the conference, and not playing their best. Still missing two top 9 players. The effort level will go up and down over the season. The key is not to allow bad games to turn into bad streaks.

Their main problem is that the team is talented enough to overcome streaky effort and still win games. But not against good opponents and not every time. Teams get desperate and the effort level follows, but it happens at different times for different teams. Why should the players feel desperate now? They're in a decent playoff position. You can't artificially force the desperation...or the coach starts to sound out of touch with reality.

Last year there was criticism that they got too down after a loss like this.

To me, it was just a crappy game, not indicative of what this team is capable of doing. I fully expect they'll trend back up, have a streak with several good games, and then have another lull like this over the next 2-3 months. As long as they continue to be in a comfortable playoff spot, who cares?
This isn't one game...they've been playing sloppy hockey for a while now. While these games aren't "critical". What happens if they run into an injury bug again and start losing more games, that "comfortable playoff spot is gone".

They don't have to play desperate hockey to win against middle tier team. Some of us aren't asking for balls to the wall, blow them out of the water hockey. Just a solid game, that's enough to beat 80% of the league. We're not even close to that.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

I don't see anybody overreacting. No end of world, no meltdown.. They just sucked, nothing special.

I just hope Fabbri and Parayko can develope, either if they cannot over perform on spring I don't have hope this team, ofc I believe miracles.

What comes coaches I have lost faith of them long time ago, but no suprise there.

2 Minute Minor said:
I thought it was Reaves best game in a loooong time, maybe all season. Parayko had a good game, too. Edmundson also.

Edmundson can play higher TOI/GP ~17:00, now he was almost benched entire 3rd period and knowing he played well couple first two periods. Odd way to encourage and praise good performance.

I do understand he don't have offensive tools like Pietro/Shattery, but at least he's playing safe and minimally errors.

Plus to me looked a bit Pietro and Shattery were bit out of gas on 3rd period.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I don't see anybody overreacting. No end of world, no meltdown.. They just sucked, nothing special.

I just hope Fabbri and Parayko can develope, either if they cannot over perform on spring I don't have hope this team, ofc I believe miracles.

What comes coaches I have lost faith of them long time ago, but no suprise there.

Edmundson can play higher TOI/GP ~17:00, now he was almost benched entire 3rd period and knowing he played well couple first two periods. Odd way to encourage and praise good performance.

I do understand he don't have offensive tools like Pietro/Shattery, but at least he's playing safe and minimally errors.

Completely agree on overplaying Petro. On a defense with Shatty and Colt behind him, he doesn't need to be playing 28 minutes a night.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Would have liked to hear Hitch quotes, but I think he was probably just playing D-men with more offensive threat, not punishing Edmundson.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues were terrible last night. They had no skating legs, their timing was way off, they were lackadasical and had no urgency or will to win. I know ALL teams have games like that, and that they've been playing with little spark for several games. But, last night's game was the worst in a long time.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Truth be told, I thought Edmundson was much more dangerous offensively that both Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk last night. He deserved more ice time in the third.

He was the only one willing to fire the puck, even if they were low percentage shots.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I think we just didn't steal ENOUGH that time.

I say next time just blatantly copy the opponent's GDT with NO edits. If its kind of insulting to the Blues and rah rah for the opponent, all the better.

Well we are playing at the NYI so we should steal it but half of the view should be obstructed just like their arena

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I think we just didn't steal ENOUGH that time.

I say next time just blatantly copy the opponent's GDT with NO edits. If its kind of insulting to the Blues and rah rah for the opponent, all the better.

For maximum effect we should praise profusely whoever posts the copied GDT for their GDT-making skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad