GDT: Full-assed GDT: Note Vs Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
It was Shattenkirk. Stastny bailed him out after Shatty over committed on Jagr and got burned. He was at the end of his shift near the bench, with Vladdy standing at the opposing blue line all alone, and just tried a soft dump in that got knocked down just passed the red line.

Edit: (at least it was Shatty on the play I was talking about)

My bad. Mix-up on plays. I do remember Shatty getting worked in his off-side corner by Jagr though.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
I'm not sure if the sloppy, pathetic play is the result of Hitch's system changes, or if the team is just playing like crap and Hitch isn't making any significant changes.... I guess we'll find out come playoffs....

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Where are the panthers compliments?

They stuck to the Blues tight until the end there. There was not much room at all. The cats looked great

P.S. If only Berglund was healthy, we coulda came outta that game with a point

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Ugly game. We showed some signs of life late, but not even close to enough.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012

They stuck to the Blues tight until the end there. There was not much room at all. The cats looked great

Yeah, OK, they won this game. Like their jerseys. Trapping works and the NHL needs to fix this BS or it will ruin the sport even further.

HAHA.. Berglund? You cant be serious. Schwartz, yes as it makes the top 9 much more dangerous.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

That point you are right Berglund would might be good help to us now. He'll be questionmark when comes back, but tbh I would love to see Berglund on line up then Brouwer, Upshall or Gomez. Send them to Siperia.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Going back to beer which was the most interesting part of today's GDT, I like the Stone IPA, but even better is their Arrogant B@st@rd Ale, can only get it here in the 24 oz singles. I like the IPA, but the Ale is full flavored and still pretty hoppy. For cheap, everyday beer I still drink Busch, for some reason have always preferred it over the other Anheuser-Busch products. Good thing is that outside of Missouri, Busch is one of the cheapest beers.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Going back to beer which was the most interesting part of today's GDT, I like the Stone IPA, but even better is their Arrogant B@st@rd Ale, can only get it here in the 24 oz singles. I like the IPA, but the Ale is full flavored and still pretty hoppy. For cheap, everyday beer I still drink Busch, for some reason have always preferred it over the other Anheuser-Busch products. Good thing is that outside of Missouri, Busch is one of the cheapest beers.

winter is the weakest beer season IMO. I love stouts but there isn't enough variety beyond stouts that are worthwhile to me. It's sad because blues hockey season is when I need beer the most.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
winter is the weakest beer season IMO. I love stouts but there isn't enough variety beyond stouts that are worthwhile to me. It's sad because blues hockey season is when I need beer the most.

I like a good Porter or stout at times, but it seems like too many breweries are trying to flavor them with some silly spice at times. Guiness on tap is always good, but we don't have too many places here with it on tap. Used to enjoy some good ales, porters and stouts brewed locally when I lived in Alaska. The Skagway Brewing Co. had some awesome local brews. Was only open during the cruise ship season from late May to late September, but I used to go there and have some awesome local brews!!!

http://www.skagwaybrewing.com/home

Looking at their website now it looks like they now stay open year round with limited hours during the off season. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of good local brews in South Texas. Shiner Bock is pretty good, really good when you can find it on tap, one of the smoothest Bocks I have tried, but the only really good microbrews are all in North Texas. If I want a decent dark beer, I have to get Victoria or Model Negro, both Mexican dark beers.

Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
This is exactly how they played when Schwartz went down last year, and now they are doing it again while he's out. I think there needs to be a shakeup in the roster.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I watched the Panthers stack five guys on the blue line all night. The logical plan to attack that is to chip it fast the Panthers at the line and go get it. Did Hitch make that adjustment? Of course not. He drives me bonkers with his lack of adjustments.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

They were great at clogging up the middle because for some reason if anyone had an open shot they would try to cross-ice pass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad