Movies: Frozen 2

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
One of the worst Disney movies I have ever seen. Story was weak (there is no villain), music was terrible, humor fell flat. What a disaster for Disney.

'Frozen II' Delivers $41.8 Million Friday, Heading Toward a Record Animated Opening in November - Box Office Mojo

SATURDAY AM UPDATE: Disney's Frozen II is on its way to a record breaking opening after bringing in an estimated $41.8 million on Friday. Expectations now are for the film to deliver a $130+ million three-day performance. The debut will serve as the largest animated opening ever in November, nearly doubling the $70.4 million opening for Incredibles back in 2004. At $130 million, the performance would be the fourth largest animated opening ever behind Finding Dory's $135 million debut back in June 2016. The film received an "A-" CinemaScore from opening day audiences.

In addition to the film's domestic performance, it has so far generated $57.8 million internationally, including a $35 million two-day performance in China. This puts the film's global total as of yesterday just shy of $100 million.

Yeah that is a real disaster for Disney :help:

-- I hate what IMDB has done to Box Office Mojo --

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
One of the worst Disney movies I have ever seen. Story was weak (there is no villain), music was terrible, humor fell flat. What a disaster for Disney.
We all knew this movie was made for the sole intention for a new era of Frozen toys right in time for Christmas.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
It was a pretty meh movie. Not bad, not great. Somewhere between mediocre and good. The music definitely wasn’t as good and the plot wasn’t bad but it just wasn’t great either. I’d probably recommend waiting for it to come to streaming unless you have a kid who’s dying to see it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Opening weekend. Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Jurrassic World both had some of biggest opening weekends of all time.
Were those good movies?

They were fine and the quality of movie means nothing when they print $$$

TLJ and JW both were huge hits and successful financially as will be Frozen 2

Disney is very happy with the box office performance

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Box Office: ‘Frozen 2’ Breaks More Box Records And Reaches $739 Million Worldwide

Well on its way to another billion dollar film for Disney. That will make 6 for year, with another one very likely in Star Wars. I am assuming this will pass Spider-Man ($1.1 billion), but fall short of Lion King ($1.66 billion). Anyway, that will leave Disney with 6 of the top 7 films of the year, though Joker may pass Aladdin. So 6 of the top 8 films of the year. And Star Wars is still to come out. What a ridiculous year for the studio.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
It's been a great year financially for them but was a pretty weak year in terms of quality imo. Lion King was pretty awful. Spiderman was just alright for me. Frozen 2 was pretty meh. I enjoyed Aladdin. Hopefully Star Wars is good. All in all though, I don't think it was a great year for them quality-wise. I don't think I'll continue to see non-Star Wars movies in theaters. I'm sure they'll be just fine financially of course, but their quality has been dropping signifcantly.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It's been a great year financially for them but was a pretty weak year in terms of quality imo. Lion King was pretty awful. Spiderman was just alright for me. Frozen 2 was pretty meh. I enjoyed Aladdin. Hopefully Star Wars is good. All in all though, I don't think it was a great year for them quality-wise. I don't think I'll continue to see non-Star Wars movies in theaters. I'm sure they'll be just fine financially of course, but their quality has been dropping signifcantly.

I personally disagree. I never saw Aladdin and probably won't see Frozen 2, but I think I enjoyed the rest of them.

Spider-Man isn't included in that, by the way. That's Sony.

I really enjoyed Lion King, but I really loved both Endgame and Toy Story 4.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Yea, that 92 percent audience score on Rotten Tomatoes will really hurt Disney.

Awesome movie. Slow until Olaf's song towards the beginning, which was also one of the best songs. Panic at the Discos Into the Unknown cover is great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad