Frolov or Zherdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
fan-o-45 said:
I've never claimed to be classy.:joker:
But unlike Siberian, I generally go a long way towards showing respect, courtesy, and a willingness to be objective to what other members post.
While knowlegable (usually) his attitude can be a little abrasive.
Cheers, mate!

Look, I show respect only if someone deserves it in my eyes. The hypocrats, liars and demagogues will never get my respect, ok?
The other thing is I normally do not offend directly my opponents unless they offend me first. As for objectivity, I am one of the most objective people you will find on this board IMHO, I hope you got the irony here.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
Look, I show respect only if someone deserves it in my eyes. The hypocrats, liars and demagogues will never get my respect, ok?
The other thing is I normally do not offend directly my opponents unless they offend me first. As for objectivity, I am one of the most objective people you will find on this board IMHO, I hope you got the irony here.

Your right. How could anyone ever think otherwise after reading this thread.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=34111

JF Omalycat

CBJ Express
Jul 8, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Siberian said:

Opponents???? What opponents? This isn't debate class and no one's out to "beat" you, dude. I just don't understand your combative attitude or your need to belittle everyone who disagrees with you. You are obviously biased as far as the Zherdev situation, so why would you expect to have your opinions treated seriously?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
fan-o-45 said:
Opponents???? What opponents? This isn't debate class and no one's out to "beat" you, dude. I just don't understand your combative attitude or your need to belittle everyone who disagrees with you. You are obviously biased as far as the Zherdev situation, so why would you expect to have your opinions treated seriously?

Here it goes again. Another hypocrat saying stupid thing and try to use it as an argument. You don't see opponents??? Are you completely blind? Don't you see that any message board is basically a bunch of opponents arguing and debating???? Gee.....

Why am I biased? Just because a have firm opinion on him?

dink182

Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
The more things change, the more they stay the same. On average, the future production of prospects and young players are overestimated by posters on this board. This has been true since HF has started. So sue me for trying to balance it out with some conservative predictions for once. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it...

punchy, I just said I see him as a 2nd liner (and yes, Siberian, a 1st liner on a crappy team) and don't believe some of the hype surrounding Frolov. I don't think it warranted that kind of cheeky attitude in your reply (I don't know how you really felt, but that's the way it came across). If you think Frolov is a future 1st line star, fine. I don't. We're all entitled to our opinions.

But really, when I said in my earlier post that he was a blue chip 2nd liner guaranteed to get 60-70 points that wasn't exactly a negative assessment of Frolov was it? Doesn't that seem to be a fair but conservative assessment?

Anyways, I don't think either one of us can say we're more correct than each other on this call unless your name is Miss Cleo.

JF Omalycat

CBJ Express
Jul 8, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Siberian said:
Here it goes again. Another hypocrat saying stupid thing and try to use it as an argument. You don't see opponents??? Are you completely blind? Don't you see that any message board is basically a bunch of opponents arguing and debating???? Gee.....

Why am I biased? Just because a have firm opinion on him?

Bitter? Not really. I am just interested how this whole thing develops. Remember, in Russia it is different, they develop players in their system and then losing them this way really hurts fans. I hope Russian clubs start charging $1+ million directly to NHL clubs. There were too many Russian talents buried in the minor leagues across North America.

That doesn't sound biased to you?? :p It's obvious (at least to me) you have a beef with the NHL for seducing your talent pool away from the motherland. (And just to be honest with myself, I'd probably feel the same way) I think this bias has skewered your analysis of Zherdev's potential. JMHO, though.

And what exactly makes me a hypocrite???? What am I being hypocritical about? When have I given the impression that I say one thing, yet believe another, or have contradicted anything I've said previously?
And no, I don't see the message board as a group of "opponents" arguing and debating. That's why they make law school. I feel no need to be competetive here, nor does my self image hang in the balance of how I feel I'm percieved by my fellow posters.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Siberian said:
Hey, who needed me advice got it. I got a phone call from Pittsburgh Penguins people just befor the draft, they asked me what I thought about Zherdev I said forget about him, get Fleury he is the real deal! You know the rest of the story.
:lol:

Hawkalyzer

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Siberian said:
Hey, who needed me advice got it. I got a phone call from Pittsburgh Penguins people just befor the draft, they asked me what I thought about Zherdev I said forget about him, get Fleury he is the real deal! You know the rest of the story.

are you also giving them trade advice?
And are you in seek of a scouting job? I think the hawks need someone with your "talents"!!!! :lol:

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
fan-o-45 said:
That doesn't sound biased to you?? :p It's obvious (at least to me) you have a beef with the NHL for seducing your talent pool away from the motherland. (And just to be honest with myself, I'd probably feel the same way) I think this bias has skewered your analysis of Zherdev's potential. JMHO, though.

And what exactly makes me a hypocrite???? What am I being hypocritical about? When have I given the impression that I say one thing, yet believe another, or have contradicted anything I've said previously?
And no, I don't see the message board as a group of "opponents" arguing and debating. That's why they make law school. I feel no need to be competetive here, nor does my self image hang in the balance of how I feel I'm percieved by my fellow posters.

You are a hypocrate! You said ==Opponents???? What opponents? This isn't debate class ==
You used this as an argument that this message board is not a debate class. Then what the hell is this?

As for me being biased trust me there is no better place for Kovalchuk to play then NHL. What I am against is that NHL takes young growing talents chew them up and spit them out. Zherdev is not ready, if he stayed in Russia for one more year he would only benefit!

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
As for me being biased trust me there is no better place for Kovalchuk to play then NHL. What I am against is that NHL takes young growing talents chew them up and spit them out. Zherdev is not ready, if he stayed in Russia for one more year he would only benefit!

How is he benefitting playing on the fourth line and recieving only a handful of minutes against inferior competition??? If he plays for Columbus, he recieves 15+ mins on the top two lines with plenty of PP time against much better competition. Seems like he would benefit to me.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Enoch said:
How is he benefitting playing on the fourth line and recieving only a handful of minutes against inferior competition??? If he plays for Columbus, he recieves 15+ mins on the top two lines with plenty of PP time against much better competition. Seems like he would benefit to me.

Stop bringing logic and reason into this, Enoch.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
I don't nderstand how you can say that Zherdev isn't reay when in the three games I seen him play in he looked as good as any of his team mates. Of course, three games isn't going to give you a real look at a kid but ten would. I also think its funny how we (all of us are guilty of it to a man) tend to second guess every NHL GM in our opinions on these boards. Zherdev is owned by an NHL team. With NHL staff and players. If his NHL teams management and coaches say he is bloody well ready then mate, I am going to go with the NHL qualified lot every time. Sure we can armchair gm but in the end our opinions and a quid will buy you a cuppa and that's about it.

Zherdev is NHL ready. He is as ready as any kid with his skills at his age is going to be. Now it is up to him if he is ready to stay in the NHL or go down to the farm but, three games isn't going to determine that.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
punchy1 said:
I don't nderstand how you can say that Zherdev isn't reay when in the three games I seen him play in he looked as good as any of his team mates. Of course, three games isn't going to give you a real look at a kid but ten would. I also think its funny how we (all of us are guilty of it to a man) tend to second guess every NHL GM in our opinions on these boards. Zherdev is owned by an NHL team. With NHL staff and players. If his NHL teams management and coaches say he is bloody well ready then mate, I am going to go with the NHL qualified lot every time. Sure we can armchair gm but in the end our opinions and a quid will buy you a cuppa and that's about it.

Zherdev is NHL ready. He is as ready as any kid with his skills at his age is going to be. Now it is up to him if he is ready to stay in the NHL or go down to the farm but, three games isn't going to determine that.

We agree :handclap: :yo: !

st_roland

Does anyone disagree with this statement: Siberian's opinion of Zherdev is not based in reality, but rather on his bias against him?

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
It sure looks like there is something other than Zherdev's skills at question here. I wouldnt say that he has a bias against him, more like he doesn't seem to see him as having top notch skills. That is wierd to me because I can't see how we would have any way of knowing if the lad has top notch NHL style skills or not yet. I think he has shown that he can play and that he can have NHL skills but he hasn't had a chance yet to prove that he has top skills or not. So, I wouldn't say I see a bias against Zherdev as much as a lack of respect towards those who value him. Just my feelings on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad