Frolov or Zherdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
MOOSE55 said:
Frolov currently carries LA's second line.....(Klatt, Belenger)......The line almost puts up as many points as the 1st line, and as you can see the line's other 2 members aren't top 6. If he did play with Palffy, then his #'s would be much higher. Why doesn't he play with Palffy you ask? Answer.....Murray wants to even out scoring......Stumpel can't carry a line, and like some of the Pens fans said in the Straka thread......Straka puts up big #'s when put with Elite talent, when he's the only talent then his #'s aren't so high.

I agree with you 100%! Not only Frolov is a great fit for Kings but I think being in hands of one of the best coaches in NHL helps.
Zherdev is not even close. He is untested, unproven, he could end up being a bust, because everything that surrounded him before he came to Colunbus was a HYPE created to sell tickets!

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
The bunch of kids on the Columbus board are trying to prove that Zherdev is great player, that he is not serving in military, stuff like that. Zherdev is overhyped so these kids would go buying his jerseys and tickets to see mediocre BJ's play.
As for Enoch he is just a liar. Nowhere I said you can leave Russia without a passport. The guy is not normal, trying to lie and bring this as an argument.

Read that thread, and you will see that I am not lying. :shakehead.

Siberian, you may have good news though. Zherdev may be coming back to have a meeting in Russia to sort this whole mess out. You may get the player that you covet so much back ;)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Siberian said:
I agree with you 100%! Not only Frolov is a great fit for Kings but I think being in hands of one of the best coaches in NHL helps.

I agree. He is in great hands, and he plays for a very good team. Players of Palffy's stature, even if they do not play together on the same time on a regular basis, have certainly improved Frolov's talents. You can tell that he began to put it together at the end of last year, and this year is making a strong push to be one of the better two-way scoring threats in this league.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
Read that thread, and you will see that I am not lying. :shakehead.

Siberian, you may have good news though. Zherdev may be coming back to have a meeting in Russia to sort this whole mess out. You may get the player that you covet so much back ;)

I told you so many times I do not want him back! The guy is overhyped and they(CSKA) do not really want him back either. I think what they are fighting for is for financial settlement, for one of their players just like Anaheim paid for Chistov (around IIHF). What part of it do not you understand???

The other thing is that Zherdev should have spent more time in Russia simply to develop more which would benefit you, Columbus fans more in the end!

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Siberian said:
The other thing is that Zherdev should have spent more time in Russia simply to develop more which would benefit you, Columbus fans more in the end!

How is he going to develop playing on the fourth line or in CSKA-2? Face it, CSKA had it out for Zherdev and wanted him to fail. Zherdev isn't gonig to accept and he leaves.

Enoch is a fan of Columbus' rival, Nashville. He's a neutral party in all of this.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Sir Ozzie X said:
How is he going to develop playing on the fourth line or in CSKA-2? Face it, CSKA had it out for Zherdev and wanted him to fail. Zherdev isn't gonig to accept and he leaves.

Enoch is a fan of Columbus' rival, Nashville. He's a neutral party in all of this.

But that is the point!!! The guy was not playing up to his potential that is why he was sent down to get ice time!

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
punchy1 said:
"He's a neutral party in all of this".

Keep telling yourself that mate. That were a funny thing. ;)

I am, unlike you :eek:!!!!!!!

Anyways, our differences in opinions aside, you should really check out that thread. It is very amusing :)! It went up to 9 pages in one day with one person, Siberian, carrying it on, despite about 15 other posters posting against him. It was a good read and a good laugh, and since I know you like to laugh (after all you say thats why you read my posts :madfire: :joker: ) you really ought to check it out.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Enoch said:
I am, unlike you :eek:!!!!!!!

Anyways, our differences in opinions aside, you should really check out that thread. It is very amusing :)! It went up to 9 pages in one day with one person, Siberian, carrying it on, despite about 15 other posters posting against him. It was a good read and a good laugh, and since I know you like to laugh (after all you say thats why you read my posts :madfire: :joker: ) you really ought to check it out.

Yes, guys check it out. These Columbus fans are hillarious! I think it was a hell of a thread! Really, Please check it out! You are gonna have a good laugh! Please trust me on this!

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
True enough, I read it and laughed my fool head off. It were a funny and wildly optomistic thread full of crazy and absolutely nutter posts from some blokes who trough common sense out the window each time they sit in front of thier computers. I laughed hard at it and cheers mate, it was worth the time.

;)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
punchy1 said:
True enough, I read it and laughed my fool head off. It were a funny and wildly optomistic thread full of crazy and absolutely nutter posts from some blokes who trough common sense out the window each time they sit in front of thier computers. I laughed hard at it and cheers mate, it was worth the time.

;)

Its always good to laugh eh ;).

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
My trouble is that I have to find time to stop laughing. Most of life is funny to me for some reason. Might be a nutter myself!

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Neither Frolov nor Zherdev have proven anything besides being able to play in the NHL.
Both have lots of talent, but to say one of them will be clearly better is bs, because you never know how things will develope...

If Frolov is proven, than Kovalchuk must be the best player of all time :shakehead
(Which he is not ;) )

jackets63

Oct 29, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Anyone else wonder if Punchy1 and Siberian are really the same poster? :dunno: Same thought process and arguing styles. Though punchy1 did slip in a few facts before he leaped off the deepend. Ive yet to see Siberian do that yet.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Sorry mate, not close. I could say the same about you and Enoch though. ;)

Sanderson, you have truly missed the mark mate.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
punchy1 said:
Sorry mate, not close. I could say the same about you and Enoch though. ;)

Sanderson, you have truly missed the mark mate.

Hey now, I didn't say that ;).

I will contest that Sanderson is slightly right, though. Neither player is proven, but Frolov is much more proven than Zherdev is. Frolov is currently in the year where I believe he can and will prove that he is what the hype says he is, however, he still has to complete this season with a strong effor from top to bottom without the struggle in the middle to really be considered a "proven" player. Even then, he will probably need another yaer before most people accept what he brings to the table.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
At the moment Frolov is better no doubt about that, he'll make the team at World Cup I am pretty sure. Zherdev didn't even make national team at the Euro hockey tour. In the future will see who is really who.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Frolov is a solid player, but him being drafted three years ago should most definitely make him more polished than Zherdev. After Zherdev's second year in the league then judge. I'm getting tired of reading how Zherdev is lacking this or lacking that. The kid is only 19 YEARS OLD, and I will be pretty surprised if this is the prime of his career. Players grow simple as that.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Siberian said:
Who is Zherdev? Overhyped, overrated, overblown out of proportion soft player with no real character! What has he proved yet? He was not a leader in CSKA, he was not a leader in team Russia U-20, he turned into a whiner, who thinks he is a superstar that is all he is.
See, that's just stupid. STOOPID. Putting down Zherdev does nothing to show how good Frolov is. Now, if you compared their stickhandling, speed, shot, defensive positioniong, vision, passing, etc., then your post can be taken seriously.

JF Omalycat

CBJ Express
Jul 8, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Siberian said:
The bunch of kids on the Columbus board are trying to prove that Zherdev is great player, that he is not serving in military, stuff like that. Zherdev is overhyped so these kids would go buying his jerseys and tickets to see mediocre BJ's play.
As for Enoch he is just a liar. Nowhere I said you can leave Russia without a passport. The guy is not normal, trying to lie and bring this as an argument.

That's a laugh, you refering to anyone else as "kid".
Really, Siberian, I'm not questioning your hockey knowlege (which you're obviously insecure about), but you are by far the biggest candy ass baby I've yet seen on the HF Boards. Seriously. You must be a really awful person to know in the real world. Insecure and insulting.
And a lot of us were buying tickets to see our "mediocre" BJ's play before Zherdev was ever drafted.;) And unlike blustering idots like yourself, don't usually go trolling onto other teams boards making asses out of ouselves. (with the exception of me, of course...)
Are your panty-liners leaking, or what?:cry:

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
Siberian said:
What?
It is not even close!!!

Who is Zherdev? Overhyped, overrated, overblown out of proportion soft player with no real character! What has he proved yet? He was not a leader in CSKA, he was not a leader in team Russia U-20, he turned into a whiner, who thinks he is a superstar that is all he is.

I guess all those scouts that ranked Zherdev as a top 3 pick in the draft were drunk right? He was taken 4th overal..which is 9 spots higher then Brown who you prolly think is superior to Zherdev also.

Zherdev has skill pooring out of his ears.

I'll say again...Frolov has God given strenght and size while Zerdev has God given skill.

Skill and size can not be thought.

Can I ask how you know so much about his character? Were you two roomates or something in Siberia? The character crap was used against Kovalchuk to and look where he's at now.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Frolov said:
I guess all those scouts that ranked Zherdev as a top 3 pick in the draft were drunk right? He was taken 4th overal..which is 9 spots higher then Brown who you prolly think is superior to Zherdev also.

Zherdev has skill pooring out of his ears.

I'll say again...Frolov has God given strenght and size while Zerdev has God given skill.

Skill and size can not be thought.

Can I ask how you know so much about his character? Were you two roomates or something in Siberia? The character crap was used against Kovalchuk to and look where he's at now.

What was said about Kovalchuk I wonder? I know some Canadians did not like his fist pumping but that was just sour grapes. What else?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Frolov said:

Sorry, can't tell ya. My identity can not be disclosed on this board.

dink182

Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
Bottom line, Frolov is a blue chip 2nd liner. Guaranteed 60-70 pts. Zherdev is a potential 1st line 80 pointer playing with Nash but he's a bigger risk. It all depends on if you want to roll the dice or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad