News Article: Friedman's 31 Thoughts (Habs Pursuing Dubois)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Also Mete cant make it to the top 6 and Poehling... is close to a bust
I'm sure Jarmo is asking for Suzuki+, but I think eventually he will go down to KK+Caufield+1st+Byron. I don't really care about the 1st, but losing Caufield would be tough since our forward pool already looks like shit and Caufield has a real chance to be a point producer in the league.

Depending on KK and Dubois play, I would think hard about that offer. It seems a little rich, but PLD is a stud.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I'm sure Jarmo is asking for Suzuki+, but I think eventually he will go down to KK+Caufield+1st+Byron. I don't really care about the 1st, but losing Caufield would be tough since our forward pool already looks like shit and Caufield has a real chance to be a point producer in the league.

Depending on KK and Dubois play, I would think hard about that offer. It seems a little rich, but PLD is a stud.
Ya I think the Suzuki asking is just the starting point , no way Bergevin will bite into this. Even if the trade was Romanov for PLD i wouldn't do it. Our D is actually bad enough already.

But yeah KK is a good base for PLD , PLD is already good in the nhl while KK sure is getting better but playing with Armia good god....

To be honest giving Caufield is a bit hard but... He's still unproven in the NHL and he's size is really.... small when you have Gallagher re-signed and Anderson both at long terms on the right side.

Also yeah f*** the first pick , i couldn't care less id maybe top 3 or top 5 protect it. Draft is said to be weak and habs can't draft for shit.
Also Byron , don't like him and wasted salary for us.

I think it's a fair trade.

Id run Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Dubois-Gallagher.
Tatar-Danault-Armia

Then we have an entire line going ufa and we are losing Edmundson hopefully in the expansion.
Enough money to get someone at the blue line

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Right. Show me the last trade for a Top 2 centre where more than 1 significant piece on the current day roster was traded. And I’m not talking Paul Byron types here. I’m talking about the type of players traded that are currently playing that would completely derail a team’s season because they are gone for 5 games. Because this is what you claim will happen.
there'S nothing to add dude, you know where and who he will be traded for.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
To be honest giving Caufield is a bit hard but... He's still unproven in the NHL and he's size is really.... small when you have Gallagher re-signed and Anderson both at long terms on the right side.
You can't ignore the offensive creativity and lethal shot combo. Habs haven't had that in a very long time. Not to mention that with Tatar leaving, we will need a replacement and Caufield on his ELC would be very valuable. He's small, but he brings something we desperately need. Maybe if we were even average at drafting(especially forwards) and not catastrophic, it would make the decision a lot easier.

As for lines, I think Tatar-Dubois-Gally should be the obvious line imo.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
You can't ignore the offensive creativity and lethal shot combo. Habs haven't had that in a very long time. Not to mention that with Tatar leaving, we will need a replacement and Caufield on his ELC would be very valuable. He's small, but he brings something we desperately need. Maybe if we were even average at drafting(especially forwards) and not catastrophic, it would make the decision a lot easier.

As for lines, I think Tatar-Dubois-Gally should be the obvious line imo.
Yeah i guess until Tatar leaves it would make sense.

Don't know tho Kotkaniemi + 1st pick + byron + what then. There is something missing in that

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah i guess until Tatar leaves it would make sense.

Don't know tho Kotkaniemi + 1st pick + byron + what then. There is something missing in that
Ideally, any prospect besides Caufield and Norlinder. I'm a lot more comfortable with trading Norlinder(and I probably would), but I'd prefer any other prospect. Heck, I'd add a 2nd if they get any other prospect besides those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad