News Article: Friedman's 31 Thoughts (Habs Pursuing Dubois) -- Part Deux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Let’s say the Habs make the trade, do they save cap for the two weeks that PLD isn’t playing? Like as if he was on their taxi squad?

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
that's it? why not add Guhle and Ylonen?

My preferable package would be

Danault (sign and trade)
Caufield
Poehling
(Both mid westerners)
1st Rd pick (2021) unprotected
2nd Rd pick (2022)
Cap dump (Byron)

For: Dubois, 3rd

I'd rather not trade but I'd be fine with that as each team gets good value. Cbj get a 2C that is a fantastic shutdown C and chip in 50ish points who's in his prime and an elite prospect, as well as a potential future 3C and good value picks. Plus Byron but he's not important

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Feels like PLD, if he gets traded this season, will go out West, like a previous poster said. Gut is saying LA Kings.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great job, DansLesCouillesLisses, picking up on two of my quotes in this thread (made at 6:20 PM and 6:30PM respectively) in order for you to put together a piece that you posted at 8:00 PM on your site: Georges Laraque dit savoir pourquoi Pierre-Luc Dubois veut quitter Columbus

Bravo, "Renaud Bourbonnais". :handclap: I hope you got paid for your "efforts".

We already debunked that rumor in the other thread. It's second hand info from a Columbus beat writer, who admits that it isn't "anything concrete" (apologies for quoting that a****** Todd in the string of replies):

If anyone wants to entertain stuff from Georges Laraque (he did call the Habs making an offer sheet to Aho before anyone else), here's what he came up with. All submitted on a FWIW basis:

"Après les appels que j'ai fait pour obtenir des informations, je pense que Tortorella sait la raison mais il veut que Pierre-Luc Dubois la dise publiquement, ce qu'il ne va pas faire. Je suis pomal sûr que ses coéquipiers le savent. Si on a été capable de connaître la raison, d'après moi ses coéquipiers le savent. La raison pour laquelle il veut sortir de Columbus, c'est à cause de Tortorella [...] ça fait une couples d'années qu'il se fait abuser psychologiquement par l'entraîneur et là il n'est plus capable. C'est pour ça qu'il ne veut plus être là." - Georges Laraque

TRANSLATION: Further to several calls that I made to get information, I think that Tortorella knows the reason but he wants Pierre-Luc Dubois to say it publicly, something that Dubois won't do. I'm pretty sure that Dubois' teammates know the reason. Given that we were able to get the reason, his teammates according to me, are surely aware. The reason why Dubois wants out of Columbus, is due to Tortorella ... it's been a few years that he's been psychologically abused by Torts and now, he can't take it anymore. That's why he no longer wants to be in Columbus." - Georges Laraque

Georges Laraque dévoile la raison pourquoi Pierre-Luc Dubois veut partir

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
If you want PLD, here's the asking price:

KK + Drouin + 1st round pick 2021

Kekalainen isn't dumb. He knows PLD would be a fan favorite.

I don't care about Drouin and the first round pick. But I do care a lot about KK. I've been scouting the kid since his D-1 and draft year. KK has everything to have a great career in the NHL.. Except the skating. His skating has improved a lot but there's still work to be done. I think he can be as good as PLD, but he needs to improve his skating. KK has an incredible attitude and character. I can't say the same with Dubois.

Which roster do you like the most?

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - KK - Caufield
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

or

? - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - PLD - Caufield

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I don't see Dubois as a significant improvement on KK. So I would only move Danault ++ for him. But then one of Dubois or Suzuki would have to be move to the wing and your short a #3C.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I like PLD it don’t see how we can outbid other while improving the team and making the cap work.

PLD is worth a top 6, a elite prospect and a pick minimum. There not reasons for them to take cap dumps...
NYR and other team are a lot better position to acquire him.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I know this guy, who knows this guy who knows one of the cleaners in CLB Pepe Gonzalez.

Last Thursday Pepe went to empty tne garbage can in Jarmo's office.

Pepe overheard Jarmo on the phone saying the names of Kokonutty (we can only assume he meant KK), Mete, Byron and a 2nd rounder.

This is from a deep insider here folks. Jarmo's personal toilet cleaner and trash exchanger.

Jarmo told the caller he would get back to him.

Now we wait...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If you want PLD, here's the asking price:

KK + Drouin + 1st round pick 2021

Kekalainen isn't dumb. He knows PLD would be a fan favorite.

I don't care about Drouin and the first round pick. But I do care a lot about KK. I've been scouting the kid since his D-1 and draft year. KK has everything to have a great career in the NHL.. Except the skating. His skating has improved a lot but there's still work to be done. I think he can be as good as PLD, but he needs to improve his skating. KK has an incredible attitude and character. I can't say the same with Dubois.

Which roster do you like the most?

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - KK - Caufield

or

? - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - PLD - Caufield

Local fans and media in Montreal are way harsher on local talent then anyone else so that means absolutely nothing. He would switch from fan favourite to scapegoat in a matter of seconds. That should mean absolutely nothing when it comes to trade value.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Show me where in the rulebook it says you can't.
Nothing to do with rule book.

No GM will accept a draft pick 100 years in the future.

Would be funny though.
Hey Jarmo it's Marc Bergevin.

Interested in 4 1st round picks for PLD?
I can offer you the 2099, 2100, 2101 and 2102 1st round pics!
Quite the investment there Jarmo!
And I hear 2101 looks to be a very deep draft!

Reactions: Gravity

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Reactions: Runner77

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Nothing to do with rule book.

No GM will accept a draft pick 100 years in the future.

Would be funny though.
Hey Jarmo it's Marc Bergevin.

Interested in 4 1st round picks for PLD?
I can offer you the 2099, 2100, 2101 and 2102 1st round pics!
Quite the investment there Jarmo!
And I hear 2101 looks to be a very deep draft!

Montreal will be due for a rebuild by 2097. So I hope they keep their draft picks. This should be right around the time where Jagr's great grand son becomes the 1st overall pick and makes his great grand father look old. I can't wait to see them play a few games together, like we saw in the past with the Hull's and some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad