News Article: Friedman's 31 Thoughts (Habs Pursuing Dubois) -- Part Deux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
6zey67L.jpg

Continue here. Prior thread over the limit.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I honestly doubt it happens.
Not so sure , Bergevin Job is on the line this season , if he can make a deal around KK for an established 2 way player , young and french canadian.
He will jump on it. It Bergevin manages to miss the playoffs with only 4 chances out of 7 to make the playoffs with all the money he spent this offseason.
He's done.

He has nothing to lose at this point except his job LoL

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
It's a weird situation. Habs already had huge turnover and they're trying to build chemistry. You trade suzuki? you kill a no.1 line. we've needed for years + a new fan fave. Kotkaniemi? Didn't Bergevin call him an untouchable too? Yeah i know what his response will be, PLD became available, can't miss etc....
But isn't KK at worst, PLD light and cost-controlled for a couple of more years?
They deal Danault? Maybe, but the add will be something significant and you can bet Kekkalainen is asking for Romanov.

I don't know how they do it, or where he's headed, but i think he gets dealt very ,very soon. You don't want to have the quarantine happening later in the year
with such a condensed schedule.
it's now or the summer imo

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
It's a weird situation. Habs already had huge turnover and they're trying to build chemistry. You trade suzuki? you kill a no.1 line. we've needed for years + a new fan fave. Kotkaniemi? Didn't Bergevin call him an untouchable too? Yeah i know what his response will be, PLD became available, can't miss etc....
But isn't KK at worst, PLD light and cost-controlled for a couple of more years?
They deal Danault? Maybe, but the add will be something significant and you can bet Kekkalainen is asking for Romanov.

I don't know how they do it, or where he's headed, but i think he gets dealt very ,very soon. You don't want to have the quarantine happening later in the year
with such a condensed schedule.
it's now or the summer imo
The thing is nobody in the league will give a Suzuki + Romanov for a guy wanting out and wants to play in a big market. Not alot of teams fits into this.
I watched Columbus last night , and good god they have awful offensive players. I don't think they need Romanov anyways as a main piece

Reactions: BLONG7

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
If they do a swap KK for Dubois I would be down for that , but I wouldn't add much to KK to make it work. Cap situation makes it pretty complicated , guess something like KK+Byron for Dubois could make sense for both teams.

Think its a trade you have to pull off early in the season otherwise just drop it until end of season.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
The thing is nobody in the league will give a Suzuki + Romanov for a guy wanting out and wants to play in a big market. Not alot of teams fits into this.
I watched Columbus last night , and good god they have awful offensive players. I don't think they need Romanov anyways as a main piece
agreed. Bergevin is not desperate here. But there certainly are teams that absolutely need a PLD. do those teams have the pieces? no question, CBJ is looking for a young C
and an offensive wing prospect. KK and Caulfield gets it done imo, regardless of what the HF hab trolls think. But does bergevin do that?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
agreed. Bergevin is not desperate here. But there certainly are teams that absolutely need a PLD. do those teams have the pieces? no question, CBJ is looking for a young C
and an offensive wing prospect. KK and Caulfield gets it done imo, regardless of what the HF hab trolls think. But does bergevin do that?
Some teams that makes offers could be good but will Dubois stay? that's the question. Im sure he listed a short list of teams he wants go in.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
Sorry if this was already brought up before, tried to follow this thread as best as I could, but wouldn't the expansion draft play into this too? Say a team pays the price for Dubois, and he does not want to be there making the re-signing process complicated. That would also reduce the possible suitors for a trade.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Melnick just asked Ray Ferraro about PLD wanting out of CBJ and if he would move Suzuki or KK for PLD. He said he would not move Suzuki but not sure what he said about KK since I was leaving the room before he mentioned if he would include KK or not.

I'd put everything other than Suzuki, Romanov or Anderson on the table for PLD. Not including one of Suzuki or Romanov would probably be a non starter for CBJ though and that's fine.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
For the first time in a long time , I' m quite happy if this trade doesn't come through or doesn't happen.

We should all take a moment to appreciate that.

KK for PLD 1 for 1 is not far off the mark..... PLD is 2 years older , he has proven more at this point yes......but a 61 points season.

Call me delusional but I think KK might have a higher ceiling than PLD, better hands on KK for sure , he didn't as many opportunity to showcase it but I think he could surpass Suzuki down the road (and PLD)

PLD is a frenchie , big , hits and does a lot of the things you want from a center. But don't be so quick to bet the house on this. He skates better than KK though I'll give him that.

Although , the draft next year does seem somewhat lackluster and with a covid year we might not have as much data on these kids as normal so, if there ever was a year to trade a 1st....... I suppose that would be the one wouldn't it.

Reactions: Habano and Tutu to

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If anyone wants to entertain stuff from Georges Laraque (he did call the Habs making an offer sheet to Aho before anyone else), here's what he came up with. All submitted on a FWIW basis:

"Après les appels que j'ai fait pour obtenir des informations, je pense que Tortorella sait la raison mais il veut que Pierre-Luc Dubois la dise publiquement, ce qu'il ne va pas faire. Je suis pomal sûr que ses coéquipiers le savent. Si on a été capable de connaître la raison, d'après moi ses coéquipiers le savent. La raison pour laquelle il veut sortir de Columbus, c'est à cause de Tortorella [...] ça fait une couples d'années qu'il se fait abuser psychologiquement par l'entraîneur et là il n'est plus capable. C'est pour ça qu'il ne veut plus être là." - Georges Laraque

TRANSLATION: Further to several calls that I made to get information, I think that Tortorella knows the reason but he wants Pierre-Luc Dubois to say it publicly, something that Dubois won't do. I'm pretty sure that Dubois' teammates know the reason. Given that we were able to get the reason, his teammates according to me, are surely aware. The reason why Dubois wants out of Columbus, is due to Tortorella ... it's been a few years that he's been psychologically abused by Torts and now, he can't take it anymore. That's why he no longer wants to be in Columbus." - Georges Laraque

Georges Laraque dévoile la raison pourquoi Pierre-Luc Dubois veut partir

Last edited:

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
We already debunked that rumor in the other thread. It's second hand info from a Columbus beat writer, who admits that it isn't "anything concrete" (apologies for quoting that asshole Todd in the string of replies):

Well he admitted that some industry insider told him so.

Reactions: Acadien86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad