News Article: Friedman's 31 Thoughts (Habs Pursuing Dubois) -- Part Deux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If this trade happens and we include Byron to make it work cap wise, I wonder if we would sign Caufield at the end of his season so he can take his spot.

Tatar-PLD-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Danault-Caufield
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

Or something like that. I can already hear people crying that Danault is centering Toffoli and Caufield lol. On the other hand, I think Julien would prefer to play Perry in the playoffs.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If this trade happens and we include Byron to make it work cap wise, I wonder if we would sign Caufield at the end of his season so he can take his spot.

Tatar-PLD-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Danault-Caufield
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

Or something like that. I can already hear people crying that Danault is centering Toffoli and Caufield lol. On the other hand, I think Julien would prefer to play Perry in the playoffs.

You would hope that if it’s a KK+ for PLD swap that Julien has enough sense to put Danault where he belongs on the 3rd line with two of Lehkonen/Toffoli/Armia and put PLD with the two best offensive wingers on the team.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You would hope that if it’s a KK+ for PLD swap that Julien has enough sense to put Danault where he belongs on the 3rd line with two of Lehkonen/Toffoli/Armia and put PLD with the two best offensive wingers on the team.
Are Tatar and Gallagher not the best offensive wingers on the team? Two of Tatar/Gallagher/Caufield/Anderson/Drouin/Toffoli would play with Danault in this case. I think Caufield would be a nice winger for a bit(playoffs) so Danault can help him out defensively, I think that Suzuki line meshes well, and Tatar should obviously play with Dubois imo.

That will leave Lehkonen and Armia on the 4th line.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think it's important to note that Suzuki is on the upswing... but could very well level off as teams adjust and focus on him more. We're all very excited about his potential, but we shouldn't discount the fact that he still has his limitations.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I fully espect Jarmo to deal PLD out west. He will use any Habs offer to drive the price up. It's happened to Bergevin before and it's likely to happen again.

Reactions: PhysicX

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I fully espect Jarmo to deal PLD out west. He will use any Habs offer to drive the price up. It's happened to Bergevin before and it's likely to happen again.

Is that how the Habs ended up with the Powerhorse? ;)

Reactions: LaTenderness

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The Rangers are rumored to be interested and have the assets. Kakko? and others.

It's outright silly to think CBJ think Danault would be front and center on a deal knowing he's gone after the season.

I wouldnt trade Suzuki I actually think he'll be better than Dubois. But KK? Yea for sure. Remember Jarmo the GM is Finnish. That would be natural knowing KK would be more inclined to stay in Columbus. It will take more than KK though. But those would be smaller parts.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The Rangers are rumored to be interested and have the assets. Kakko? and others.

It's outright silly to think CBJ think Danault would be front and center on a deal knowing he's gone after the season.

I wouldnt trade Suzuki I actually think he'll be better than Dubois. But KK? Yea for sure. Remember Jarmo the GM is Finnish. That would be natural knowing KK would be more inclined to stay in Columbus. It will take more than KK though. But those would be smaller parts.
Columbus absolutely wants a center in return and Rangers can’t offer one. So even though they’d want him, they don’t have why Columbus needs.

Reactions: dralaf and Runner77

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Why would kk be any more inclined to stay in Columbus because the GM is Finnish? Is he showing signs of wanting to leave Montreal because the GM is Canadian. I find these leaps in logic to be a bit confusing.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
If anyone wants to entertain stuff from Georges Laraque (he did call the Habs making an offer sheet to Aho before anyone else), here's what he came up with. All submitted on a FWIW basis:

"Après les appels que j'ai fait pour obtenir des informations, je pense que Tortorella sait la raison mais il veut que Pierre-Luc Dubois la dise publiquement, ce qu'il ne va pas faire. Je suis pomal sûr que ses coéquipiers le savent. Si on a été capable de connaître la raison, d'après moi ses coéquipiers le savent. La raison pour laquelle il veut sortir de Columbus, c'est à cause de Tortorella [...] ça fait une couples d'années qu'il se fait abuser psychologiquement par l'entraîneur et là il n'est plus capable. C'est pour ça qu'il ne veut plus être là." - Georges Laraque

TRANSLATION: Further to several calls that I made to get information, I think that Tortorella knows the reason but he wants Pierre-Luc Dubois to say it publicly, something that Dubois won't do. I'm pretty sure that Dubois' teammates know the reason. Given that we were able to get the reason, his teammates according to me, are surely aware. The reason why Dubois wants out of Columbus, is due to Tortorella ... it's been a few years that he's been psychologically abused by Torts and now, he can't take it anymore. That's why he no longer wants to be in Columbus." - Georges Laraque

Georges Laraque dévoile la raison pourquoi Pierre-Luc Dubois veut partir

If that’s true it’s not surprising. Coaches like Torts seem to wear out their welcome pretty quickly. I’m sure it would be hard to play for a coach like that year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad