Friedman: Friedman suggests that Demko might be available at TDL and Canucks will be extremely busy as sellers

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I predict Van sells a shitload but ends up winning more lol. Wouldn't take Demko on a good team tbh

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
So, I’m here telling you that the stats lie and you need to actually watch him play, and you double down on stats. I get the predilection with stats, but they don’t provide context at times and the context is that the defence jn front of him has been historically bad. Let me make the very very clear - the defence and structure jn front of him has been very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad, the worst I have ever seen bad. Okay, now to be even more specific, they have been very very very very very very very very very very very bad, with giving out cross ice passes deep in the zone and having defenders losing their guy low in front of the net. I don’t know a goalie that does well in those conditions.

It’s a legit question, I suspect that with all the losing they feel that Bo as a captain has not been able to hold others accountable and that Miller will due to the streak in him that appears to make him an ahole. Maybe they feel they have to much nice in the leadership and need more ahole.

Demkos last two seasons were not average lol.

League average sv% is 9.10, also the Canucks are one of the worst defensive teams of the past 5 years.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Demko is probably better than his numbers indicate while the canucks offense is worse than the numbers indicate. Just a high event team that plays pond hockey.
Is Demko the number one goalie for Vancouver?
If not, why not?

With the team struggling, why don’t they use him since he’s one of the top goalies in the nhl? Something is not making sense

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I could see the Leafs being interested—a goalie who is used to playing in an intense Canadian media market can be difficult to find

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Is Demko the number one goalie for Vancouver?
If not, why not?

With the team struggling, why don’t they use him since he’s one of the top goalies in the nhl? Something is not making sense
He’s been out for 7 weeks with an undisclosed injury with no timeline for his return

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Marc Andre was traded for a second round pick at the trade deadline last year

Robin lehner was traded for a fifth round pick

MAF had a no movement clause though & had like a 2 team trade list? It was a Taylor Hall type move.

Demko has good history, is in his prime & has a competitive 3 year contract.

Reactions: zcaptain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad