Friedman: Friedman suggests that Demko might be available at TDL and Canucks will be extremely busy as sellers

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
"Maybe Demko , i never thought id say that but i think we are getting to that possibility too"
-Friedman on Demko getting traded

He also lists: Horvat, Boeser and Myers are likely done in Vancouver

Interesting with Demko though. Clearly he came back too soon this Fall from off season- surgery.

Canucks are not rushing him back to action.

Canucks are also very high on their AHL goalie in Arturs Silovs.

What would a Demko return be. A franchise goalie who is capable of stealing a series in the playoffs. In his prime at a very reasonable cap hit of 5 mil year for 3 more years after this one.

• Wow
Reactions: YP44

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It'd be smart. Vancouver's gonna be bad for a while. Don't wanna devalue that premium asset.

I'll remind everyone about the Friedman quote earlier in the summer about his hip, too. Always lots of risk with goalies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Demko?

The media has entirely lost the plot now.
It’s just Friedman.

Rutherford likes demko highly unlikely he’s moved.

Also don’t need Friedman to tell us myers is on the trade block when his agent earlier said the Canucks have been trying to trade him for a few years now.

Reactions: McJedi

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Today's signing suggests that they won't be sellers and will do precious little to help their team's long term fortunes.

Quite the opposite.

Today's signing clearly indicates that Van has chosen Kuzy over Horvat as there wont be enough money for Horvat's desired 8mil plus salary.

Horvat sweepstakes and sell off is about to get really really heated. May the best offer win.

Everything else will probably be lateral moves.

Schenn might be the only other guy aside from Horvat that will bring in value.

but getting out of Myers, Boeser contracts will be huge if they can make it happen.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Okay usually I’m not complaining about Friedman, but I swear for the past few weeks he and a few others have thrown every single name from tanking teams out there to find something that sticks.

I feel like there’s very little concrete actually happening, but we can’t prove it so throw possibly logical stuff out there.

Apart from Horvat, most of the contracts they want to move likely won’t be possible at the deadline. Too much term and money for players who aren’t that good. Although plenty of team would have interest in Demko.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
There’s been some smoke to Demko being available since last off-season. There are two factors to this:

First, I recall that an “anonymous” league executive told Frank Seravelli that Demko ought to be traded because his hips are not going to hold up:

The second factor is the Canucks new management. They are both familiar running a pipeline of goaltenders rather than relying on just one star. It’s how they won two cups in Pittsburgh.

To do that—you need a steady stream of goalies and they have that with Ian Clark. All they need is for him to turn a prospect or journeyman into a capable starter once every couple years. It’s what he did when he was coach in Columbus. Then they can just roll along with league minimum goaltending instead of paying a premium. As long as you have decent defense at least…

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
If Demko is actually available, Buffalo needs to be all over that.

Imagine adding Demko to that core and Demko returning to past form.

Something around Mittelstadt+ for Demko?
mittelstadt sucks. no

edit: actually like, don't listen to me. i hate pretending like i'm a gm. these exercises are futile

Reactions: TFHockey

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Why? What were they gonna get for the kid now versus what they might if he establishes himself as a consistent high end scorer?

$5.5m is squat if he can put up 60+.
Pushing a trade two years down the road only prolongs the pain and rebuild. Fans seem to want a rebuild now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad