Rumor: [Friedman] Nothing imminent, but Columbus may be looking for some help at center

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Huh? Are you pretending that Horvat isn't worth either of those guys?

Dude is a 30 goal C who wins far more faceoffs than anyone in the league.
A rental that needs to be resigned is not. It`s not like Columbus is 1 piece from contending. `Horvat at 5,5M longterm would absolutely be worth it though.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That’s nice who’s avail this early ?
Monahan.

Rem Pitlick, but he sucks and I'm not sure he's really a centre. He can play all 3 forward positions, but eh.

Monahan, the subtle rumours/suggestions are the Habs might want to keep him because of his faceoff prowess and veteran leadership while not being useless like Hoffman and Dadanov.

If true, or not, I doubt he goes for a fair price.

In short, Monahan is available, but at the cost not likely a fit.

I guess Jake Evans could be available from Montreal as well.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Did I miss the inevitable PLD back to Columbus for Laine discussion?
So Friedman can wonder in his next 32 thoughts Winnipeg doesn’t have a number 2 centre I wonder if they are making calls to get one.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You said all season last year we couldn't get a first for Chiarot. We got double what you said we couldn't get. We got an unprotected first, decent prospect and a 4th. I hope your knowledge and accuracy on trade value still the same. For we would get 3 first for Monahan. Going by your track record
So considering I never said that I guess you're in agreement that Monahan will never get a first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad