Speculation: Friedman: Connolly could end up on the trade market (UPDATE: cleared waivers 3/1/2021)

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I don’t understand what the big panic is about him on Twitter lol
I don't think it was panic, just something people noticed.

If he's not going to play trade him, maybe to Calgary for Bennett who wants out.

I cannot comprehend playing Lomberg and Hinostroza over Connolly. They are black holes on the ice and the team does not need 7 energy guys in the lineup.

Disappointed in Hinostroza tbh. Trying to figure out how this kid ever scored 39 points in a season.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC

If he's not going to play trade him, maybe to Calgary for Bennett who wants out.

I cannot comprehend playing Lomberg and Hinostroza over Connolly. They are black holes on the ice and the team does not need 7 energy guys in the lineup.

Disappointed in Hinostroza tbh. Trying to figure out how this kid ever scored 39 points in a season.

if he successfully cleared waivers I’m not sure there’s much of a trade market outside of giving him away for free.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

I'd be really surprised if Connolly doesn't play again, I don't look at this as anything more than roster shuffle to rotate guys in and out of the line-up. Someone has to sit on the taxi squad and now it's Connolly's turn. :dunno:

Also Q is probably hesitant to put Hinostroza on waivers because it's "his guy", though if Vinnie keeps playing like this he'll end up there eventually.

Reactions: Ratsreign

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

Agree about Hino and Lom, Juho is playing well and should get a better linemate, and they would probably pop in the odd goal here and there like they almost started doing. Put Juho with Acc and Con and bring Deni up or Tipp back on 3rd.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

Hinostroza got into the season all wrong and has only played 65 minutes so far. Perhaps he would have been more successful if he was all ready to go from the start and got a few games under his belt early on. Maybe a couple of lucky bounces can get him started, but it certainly is hard to imagine.

Last edited:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Hinostroza got into the season all wrong and has only played 65 minutes so far. Perhaps he would have been more successful if he was all ready to go from the start and got a few games under his belt early on. Maybe a couple of lucky bounces can get started, but it certainly is hard to imagine.
I mean, Marchment sat on the taxi squad all season before coming in and making almost an immediate impact (aside from his first game).

I think I'd be more lenient with VH if he showed literally anything on the ice. He's even less noticeable than Lomberg out there. At least Lomberg is an annoying little f*** to guys after the whistle and stuff. VH is just playing completely uninspired hockey.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I mean, Marchment sat on the taxi squad all season before coming in and making almost an immediate impact (aside from his first game).

I think I'd be more lenient with VH if he showed literally anything on the ice. He's even less noticeable than Lomberg out there. At least Lomberg is an annoying little f*** to guys after the whistle and stuff. VH is just playing completely uninspired hockey.
He has definitely been the least successful player so far, but I doubt his play is uninspired. He came here with certain expectations that he hasn't been able to live up to. I'm sure he's working hard but failing to change that. If Q really believed in him, he would get more of an opportunity to contribute than 5v5 with Lomberg. It would be a little interesting to see if he has anything to offer on PK, but we don't really need it.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad