Speculation: Friedman: Connolly could end up on the trade market (UPDATE: cleared waivers 3/1/2021)

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yeah from a strictly hockey/playing point of view I think that’s fair, but you have to balance that with what their contract is like. When you factor everything mine would be:
Bob
Yandle
Connolly
Stralman (since he only has one year remaining)
Did you order them with worst at top? From overall viewpoint (hockey and contract and possible rebound in performance)?

I wanted to just stick to the performance now and possible rebound to past glory, I see some rays of hope in Bob, Stralman has definitely been better this year, and even Yandle I have to be fair and admit he’s been decent enough everything considered. So that leaves Connolly as the only one who’s more of a drag on the team. He’s doing nothing and isn’t showing almost any signs.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Did you order them with worst at top? From overall viewpoint (hockey and contract and possible rebound in performance)?

I wanted to just stick to the performance now and possible rebound to past glory, I see some rays of hope in Bob, Stralman has definitely been better this year, and even Yandle I have to be fair and admit he’s been decent enough everything considered. So that leaves Connolly as the only one who’s more of a drag on the team. He’s doing nothing and isn’t showing almost any signs.
Yeah. Bob goes without saying, that’s our worst contract. Yandle has been better but still makes 6.35per for an additional two years, connolly at 3.5per for two additional years, and Stralman only having one additional year makes him the least. Hard to imagine we have 25.35mil wrapped up in this four players!

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Seven goals in the last circa 60 games isn't enough plus he is coasting way too much. Easy decision for Zito and Q.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I have no problems with Conman on waivers. Maybe WAS will pick him back up?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I wonder that when he clears (I doubt anyone picks him up with that kind of salary) does that mean he goes on the taxi Squad and the team recalls OT or Deni?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
In this current cap environment players earning more than league minimum money and with term left aren't likely to be claimed, as other teams have shown already. I don't think this is caused by "OMG WE HAVE TO GET RID OF CONNOLLY RIGHT NOW!!!!1", but you have to sit someone and putting Connolly on the taxi squad for a while saves us some cap too.

He'll be back in the line-up in a week or two.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad