Friedman 31 Thoughts (Jets)

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Yeah, but you understand there aren't non-replacement level players that go to FA via college right?

What Wheeler, Hayes did is very uncommon.

Tanev is legitimately about as good as it gets in terms of available college FA's.

We're not short on replacement level guys within our own system like Appleton, Vesalainen. Chevy even traded Petan as a favour to him because of the logjam

I understand Tanev is about as much as you can expect from a FA. I’m concerned we’re not signing anymore players year after years but I understand why.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Tanev was a good signing and turned out to be a good 4th liner but let’s not pretend he’s a superstar. I know the Jets have tried to sign other guys over the years but I understand why it’s not a popular destination.

Cheap depth and free assets are what the Jets need right now.

Totally. Over the past week we’ve see reports of signings or imminent signings of the following - Kaski, Mikheyev, Hakanpaa and Ruotsalainen. Would be nice to be in the mix once in awhile on a potential addition to the team.

The more shots you take, the better chance at actually landing a decent contributor like Tanev.

Reactions: DJBiffWPG

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Totally. Over the past week we’ve see reports of signings or imminent signings of the following - Kaski, Mikheyev, Hakanpaa and Ruotsalainen. Would be nice to be in the mix once in awhile on a potential addition to the team.

The more shots you take, the better chance at actually landing a decent contributor like Tanev.
Do you know that Chevy didn't kick the tires? Since all teams are pretty limited on what they can offer on ELC's you can't really outbid competitors. It looks mostly like these players were looking for opportunity more than anything else.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Do you know that Chevy didn't kick the tires? Since all teams are pretty limited on what they can offer on ELC's you can't really outbid competitors. It looks mostly like these players were looking for opportunity more than anything else.

Never said he absolutely didn’t, but doesn’t change the fact that it would be nice landing one once in awhile.

Not disagreeing, it is the free agent’s choice. There definitely could be some opportunities for defensemen in the not to distant future. They just have to come in and earn it.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Never said he absolutely didn’t, but doesn’t change the fact that it would be nice landing one once in awhile.

Not disagreeing, it is the free agent’s choice. There definitely could be some opportunities for defensemen in the not to distant future. They just have to come in and earn it.

I’m sure he’s tried but the fact is Winnipeg isn’t a desirable free agent destination.

Reactions: Jets4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad