WWE: Friday Night Smackdown: Mockdraft 3:16 And screw all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What do you think the issue is with him? Seems to me he has all the tools, the look, a great manager. Seems like he has everything it takes to be that "latino star" - Is it booking or the fact that fans just don't care?

Honestly, to me if it's not Andrade, pretty much no one else has a chance.
I think the random booking hasn’t helped him, but I think in-ring work only works in getting someone over if they still have some endearing quality to them.

Chris Benoit. The dude was wooden and had very little personality, but his aggression was his charisma. Toothless aggression, the fact that he was willing to put himself through tons of shit endeared him to crowds off in-ring work alone in an era where character, look and personality was the priority.

Andrade has the look — he looks great. He’s a good looking guy. He has charisma to an extent and I personally think he has it in the way he walks and carries himself. He’s done nothing to endear himself to audiences, though. He’s a guy who can work a great match but that’s it to the crowd. There are a lot of great workers today and Andrade does nothing to set himself apart. His English is coming along but his accent is still so thick that people still have difficulty understanding him, so he can’t show a character or cut personality and cut his promos.

I thought Andrade would catch on with the crowds at this point, but in-ring work only takes you so far these days in an era where WWE grabbed all these amazing in-ring workers that it’s now back to where you need some sort of character and personality to set yourself apart from the sea of great workers.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What do you think the issue is with him? Seems to me he has all the tools, the look, a great manager. Seems like he has everything it takes to be that "latino star" - Is it booking or the fact that fans just don't care?

Honestly, to me if it's not Andrade, pretty much no one else has a chance.

I bet Vince is going to try and turn Domenic into "the next one".....another legacy rising up the ranks.

Which of course the fans will just laugh at, as per usual.

It SHOULD be Andrade though.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Meh, to me it's all wwe. They don't know how to, or want to maybe, make stars. Guys like Seth, Bray, Black, Andrade and so on could be stars if wwe let them be, but they don't want them to be.

Hell, guys that were major stars in AJ and Finn and whatnot feel lesser here than they did in Japan because wwe doesn't care.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meh, to me it's all wwe. They don't know how to, or want to maybe, make stars. Guys like Seth, Bray, Black, Andrade and so on could be stars if wwe let them be, but they don't want them to be.

Hell, guys that were major stars in AJ and Finn and whatnot feel lesser here than they did in Japan because wwe doesn't care.
I don’t know. They gave AJ a mic and he went toe-to-toe with Austin. AJ’s great and has proven to be a super versatile hand for WWE that can do anything. Finn is also one of the few (when he was on the main roster) that was over. I sense fans are very intrigued by Aleister Black when he does appear. They have not shown they care about Andrade, though.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I don’t know. They gave AJ a mic and he went toe-to-toe with Austin. AJ’s great and has proven to be a super versatile hand for WWE that can do anything. Finn is also one of the few (when he was on the main roster) that was over. I sense fans are very intrigued by Aleister Black when he does appear. They have not shown they care about Andrade, though.

And where are they now? I'm saying these people have the tools to atleast be potential stars, or have proven to be stars before, but wwe refuses to capitalize on it.

If they give Andrade enough effort and shine, I think he has the tools to get people to care about him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And where are they now? I'm saying these people have the tools to atleast be potential stars, or have proven to be stars before, but wwe refuses to capitalize on it.

If they give Andrade enough effort and shine, I think he has the tools to get people to care about him.
Well, AJ is still one of the MVPs in WWE and rated highly by them. I’d say he’s easily the most over male on the Raw roster now.

I know they were bigger deals in Japan but they’re two completely different companies, styles and philosophies.

We already know WWE has problems. Big problems. But I can’t really blame anyone for Andrade not getting over. He needs to get his English up to speed, work on the accent and start forging a character and personality for himself to get over. It’s why AJ got over, it’s why Finn was over and it’s why fans are intrigued and respond to him when he does appear.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well, AJ is still one of the MVPs in WWE and rated highly by them. I’d say he’s easily the most over male on the Raw roster now.

I know they were bigger deals in Japan but they’re two completely different companies, styles and philosophies.

We already know WWE has problems. Big problems. But I can’t really blame anyone for Andrade not getting over. He needs to get his English up to speed, work on the accent and start forging a character and personality for himself to get over. It’s why AJ got over, it’s why Finn was over and it’s why fans are intrigued and respond to him when he does appear.

Why?

Eddie had a pretty thick accent during his run, didn't really seem to hold him back all that much. :laugh:

Sheamus, Becky, Nikki, Drew, Finn, Shinsuke, Asuka.....plenty of overseas talent who can at least TRY to cut a promo and, for most of them, the fans just eat it up. Andrade should be no different. I would hope he doesn't go all Kerwin White on us.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why?

Eddie had a pretty thick accent during his run, didn't really seem to hold him back all that much. :laugh:

Sheamus, Becky, Nikki, Drew, Finn, Shinsuke, Asuka.....plenty of overseas talent who can at least TRY to cut a promo and, for most of them, the fans just eat it up. Andrade should be no different. I would hope he doesn't go all Kerwin White on us.
Eddie's accent was nowhere near as thick as Andrade's. You could understand Eddie. When it comes to Andrade, his voice is super deep and the accent is really thick to the point where at some points you legitimately don't hear / understand what he's saying unless he starts speaking in Spanish.

It's normal. It's a new language. It's something he'll learn and get to grips with on how to properly speak it without overcompensating voice wise when he gets more comfortable.

I also wouldn't compare Eddie and Andrade in terms of speaking and charisma. While I'm a big fan of Andrade, very few can touch Eddie in regards to the package he brought in terms of promo ability, charisma, character, etc.

I'm not posting those to compare promos, but the accents and diction in which they speak. Andrade's is super thick, and it can be difficult to decipher in a live arena on a live mic. Again, it's something that'll be worked on as he gets more comfortable.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
*rolls his eyes in spanish*

Well as our resident "spaniard" what say you on the matter? :laugh:

Kane went years without saying a single word and he still got over.

Tajiri wasn't quite as over but still got by without saying a whole heck of a lot.

Sometimes if a talent is lacking on the mic, it's better to just go without than to try and noticeably force it.

I don't think Andrade's accent should hold him back, or be the dealbreaker in preventing him from being a top star with the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad