WWE: Friday Night Smackdown: Mockdraft 3:16 And screw all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dave said they want to groom Humberto as the next Latin star, but isn’t he on raw?

Also why is Rey on RAW? Is he not Cain’s mouthpiece anymore?
He is on Raw.

None of this makes any sense.

I wonder if the breakdown for Bischoff was that the two women who were most heavily promoted for Smackdown on Fox (Becky and Charlotte) ended up on Raw.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I'm a big supporter of Humberto, but like, Garza jr is just as good. Atleast groom them together if they want to push Humberto.

Oct 18, 2011
Does WWE even have a single prominent latino voice in creative? they constantly fail to make the next Eddie/Rey level guy...maybe they should have someone who understands that demo involved....oh wait they have Vince McMahon a 70 year old white guy who grew up on the east coast, he understands latinos!

Reactions: TD Charlie

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Latin stars are hard to make, imo. You've got to have some sort of personality. Andrade is an example of a guy who gets it, his mannerisms and Zelina make him so good.

Other guys who wear masks, can't cut promos, and do flippy things outside of Mysterio have so much trouble getting over.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Latin stars are hard to make, imo. You've got to have some sort of personality. Andrade is an example of a guy who gets it, his mannerisms and Zelina make him so good.

Other guys who wear masks, can't cut promos, and do flippy things outside of Mysterio have so much trouble getting over.
Andrade isn’t over though.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Humberto is literally 23. Let the kid grow a bit. While being in wwe and stunted by Kevin Dunn won't help that much, at least give him time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He was.

Which Latin star outside of Mysterio over the past 10 years was "over"?
When was he over? Everyone is over in NXT if they’re a recognizable name or good and there long enough, so don’t say NXT.

Andrade has been on the main roster for roughly two years and has never been over and gotten sustained reactions, and I say that as someone who loves Andrade.

As for the last question, Sin Cara was moving merchandise (masks) and was doing okay but he didn’t want to learn English and he was a problem backstage.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
When was he over? Everyone is over in NXT if they’re a recognizable name or good and there long enough, so don’t say NXT.

Andrade has been on the main roster for roughly two years and has never been over and gotten sustained reactions, and I say that as someone who loves Andrade.

As for the last question, Sin Cara was moving merchandise (masks) and was doing okay but he didn’t want to learn English and he was a problem backstage.
I thought Andrade was getting solid reactions when they were booking him as the "next star" - then they totally dropped the ball like they always do.

I don't see anyone outside of him making it as a top latino star.

It takes more than a mask and flips to be that star. You need to be INSANELY charismatic, and have some sort of promo ability to be that person. Del Rio was supposed to be, but also faltered because he was bland as hell, especially in ring.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Guys like Cedric, Apollo, Humberto and Ricochet to an extent have all the talent in the world but they're just bland as hell and happy to be there.

Humberto is young, so I think he has potential but right now he's just... there.

Ricochet is losing reactions as the weeks go on.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I thought Andrade was getting solid reactions when they were booking him as the "next star" - then they totally dropped the ball like they always do.

I don't see anyone outside of him making it as a top latino star.

It takes more than a mask and flips to be that star. You need to be INSANELY charismatic, and have some sort of promo ability to be that person. Del Rio was supposed to be, but also faltered because he was bland as hell, especially in ring.
I don’t recall him ever getting any reactions. Even hardcore cities weren’t reacting to him. He can wrestle all the great matches he wants, but he’s not getting over and getting consistent reactions.

It’s not a slight on him. I can count on one hand, MAAAAYBE two hands all the main roster guys that are actually over / don’t walk out to crickets when their music hits.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don’t recall him ever getting any reactions. Even hardcore cities weren’t reacting to him. He can wrestle all the great matches he wants, but he’s not getting over and getting consistent reactions.

It’s not a slight on him. I can count on one hand, MAAAAYBE two hands all the main roster guys that are actually over / don’t walk out to crickets when their music hits.
What do you think the issue is with him? Seems to me he has all the tools, the look, a great manager. Seems like he has everything it takes to be that "latino star" - Is it booking or the fact that fans just don't care?

Honestly, to me if it's not Andrade, pretty much no one else has a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad