GDT: Friday, April 9th Game #40 8pm MST- Avs in Cali to play the Ducks

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Reading through the back & forth between a few of you discussing the concept of dealing Bo Byram for John Gibson and I just wanted to say that you folks know how to debate respectfully.

Kudos for how you are able to do so. Many Boards I visit would be at name calling or serious hyperbole by the 3rd response.

3EF10DE5-C6DF-4302-B65E-F9C393D8880E.gif

See you folks next game,

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Well, I’d definitely do that.

The reason to acquire Gibson would mainly be because of his contract, so I can understand the appeal.

Byram is going to be more valuable though imo. If you trade him, you move him for a top end centre.

Gibson isn’t even close to a Roy level talent though.

If the Avs get stung by the goalie situation again without a cup, they may make a play for someone like him.
I agree, our needs are the same as we've all been chirping about since the beginning of the year or before.

There aren't even many centers that Bo should be moved for and I doubt any of them are available anyway. The shine has worn off of Kadri for me, though.

Reactions: Azrael89

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I hope Kadri has another level or 3 for the playoffs if not we're royally f***ed unless Newhook makes a miraculous appearance and does well.

Kadri has zero impact on about 80% of the games he's played this year. And that's even being a bit generous.

He's completely dogging it.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Reading through the back & forth between a few of you discussing the concept of dealing Bo Byram for John Gibson and I just wanted to say that you folks know how to debate respectfully.

Kudos for how you are able to do so. Many Boards I visit would be at name calling or serious hyperbole by the 3rd response.

View attachment 420052

See you folks next game,
:thumbu:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Yikes.

Gibson is a top 3 goalie in the NHL. I'm not saying I'd trade No for him, but c'mon. Saying a top 3 goalie isn't that good is pretty ridiculous and makes everything you say after that moot.

You have to read both posts, mate.

King said he would be ‘unbeatable’ which I though was a bit much. I know he was just making a point, but I don’t see him on quite that level.

Obviously he’s a good goalie. I don’t think he’s a top-3 goalie. Top-10? Sure.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Jeez I closed my eyes for a few minutes before the game and slept through it. I was exhausted. Happy to see that we won and the Wild got blasted 9-1 :eek:.

Reactions: AlysonChainz

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Byram isn't playing, and has not played that much, and the defense is still killing it in transition. I think we would be fine defensively.

By playing Toews, Makar, Girard 24+ minutes a night. Just because we can get away with it right now, doesn't mean we should be relying on it moving forward. We saw what happens when one of the 3 goes down, the other 2 end up playing ~30 minutes a night.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Went to sleeps in the middle of 2nd period because it was such a boring game. A win is a win, but seems like it was a really greasy one and that should not be the case against Anaheim.

Good for JJ getting the shutout, hopefully this won't give Sakic the idea he could actually be our backup going to the playoffs.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Highlight of the night is when Graves was in the 3rd period scrum and his helmet came off and his goofy hair was fully exposed

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Seems like we've had more than enough sample size to see that the 2nd line is not working out. I'm not sure Sakic will be able to address it at the deadline since it would be expensive to replace a top 6 foward so the best we can do is hope they turn it around or someone in the minors steps in. It seems to me that the line severely lacks a playmaker that can control the pace. They all end up trying to dangle through defenders up the ice only to lose it shortly after, especially Bura and Naz.

Reactions: Newusername

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Seems like we've had more than enough sample size to see that the 2nd line is not working out. I'm not sure Sakic will be able to address it at the deadline since it would be expensive to replace a top 6 foward so the best we can do is hope they turn it around or someone in the minors steps in. It seems to me that the line severely lacks a playmaker that can control the pace. They all end up trying to dangle through defenders up the ice only to lose it shortly after, especially Bura and Naz.

For the record, I think they will be fine. When they are on, they are very good but as we've seen they can go through dry spells. That's why I wanted the Avs to acquire Palmieri for the 2nd line to give them some options that way but with Lamoriello's connections in NJ, we were always on the outside looking-in.

Reactions: The Pwnerer

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Toews doesn’t seem to be flying around as well as normal the past 6-8 games, so getting Nemeth in to ease his minutes a touch will be helpful. Hopefully he doesn’t have to play quite as much on the PK.

Agreed on the second line. They’ve been ice cold for about 13 games now. This poor play has been going on for around three weeks.

I do think the Avs will make a move for a forward, but more of a 3rd liner, like Foligno. Maybe there’s an outside chance they go after a Rakell/Hall.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Agreed on the second line. They’ve been ice cold for about 13 games now. This poor play has been going on for around three weeks.

They got cold at the same time as the 3rd line got hot (when Jost moved there). Kadri looks uninterested at best and Bura looks exactly like the guy that Caps fans were telling us we were getting.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
They got cold at the same time as the 3rd line got hot (when Jost moved there). Kadri looks uninterested at best and Bura looks exactly like the guy that Caps fans were telling us we were getting.

Do you think some of the highs and lows are due to the compressed schedule in this crazy season?

Reactions: Zandar

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Do you think some of the highs and lows are due to the compressed schedule in this crazy season?

It’s certainly possible but Bura is already streaky so it’s not much of a surprise and I’m not sure what’s up with Kadri, he’s looked fairly slow and uninterested most of the season. I think Saad has been fine but he’s pulling 2 anchors right now and can’t do much without good support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad