GDT: Fri. March 8, 2013 | Senators at Rangers | 7:00pm EST | TSN | CBGB Edition

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Also way to get everyone off the actual topic of the Sens. Quo I'm looking at you :D

I thought it might get a little weird what with the esoteric theme and all but no way was I predicting almost zero hockey discussion pre-game and the advent of 2CHAINZ. :laugh:

People love their music.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Well this was Smitty's tweet afterwards:

Zack Smith ‏@Smit_Treat15
Just informed by our captain that the sens win song in '96 was by Hootie and the B Fish. #thosewerethedays #awesome

Seldom heard, no doubt.:laugh:

Amazing!

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I'd also like to give a shout-out to inept officiating.

Chris Phillips had a lot of jump after his unwarranted and lengthy break. Played like a man on a mission.

Thanks refs!:handclap:

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Like someone else said earlier, I like this sens team, they may not be blowing other teams away but they're in every single game with a legitimate chance of winning. The last piece of the sens puzzle is offence.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Had to be elsewhere last night for this game, but obviously the team played well so congratulations to the team for a job well done.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
DUDE I love Hootie & The Blowfish! Hootie's a country singer now. Pretty successful too. I've met him, he thinks its freezing here. :laugh:

(this is what Hootie does now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etr7UtnUflM )

Only Wanna Be With You is my freaking jam.

He's like the defacto opening act for any country concert at SBP these days.

If it's a country concert, and it's at the Bank, you can bet Darius Rucker is playing before "The Big Act".

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
He's like the defacto opening act for any country concert at SBP these days.

If it's a country concert, and it's at the Bank, you can bet Darius Rucker is playing before "The Big Act".

Well, he's an Opry member. That's pretty big.

He's headlining "True Believers" this year. No, it's not Beliebers, folks. He just never cared enough to do his own tour, as far as I know.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Well, he's an Opry member. That's pretty big.

He's headlining "True Believers" this year. No, it's not Beliebers, folks. He just never cared enough to do his own tour, as far as I know.

I was at the Lady Antebellum concert last year (I worked in the building, I'm not a country fan per se), and I thought Darius Rucker was EASILY the best act that night. I'd never really heard much of Lady A before (outside of knowing they won some awards), and I was thoroughly unimpressed. They were awful, IMO.

Rucker, on the other hand, had ten times the stage presence Lady A did. A much better performer, IMO. Dude puts on a good show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad