GDT: Fri. March 8, 2013 | Senators at Rangers | 7:00pm EST | TSN | CBGB Edition

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
:handclap:
Boo to you both. If you can write off an entire genre of music as "awful" or "terrible," you're really not trying to find any good in it.

Most rap is terrible. The lyrics are god awful. It sounds like crap. They have literally zero talent. Again, most of them, not all. All they talk about is women, money and cars. Oh yeah, and murders. It's all ****.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa

Most rap is terrible. The lyrics are god awful. It sounds like crap. They have literally zero talent. Again, most of them, not all. All they talk about is women, money and cars. Oh yeah, and murders. It's all ****.

Literally all hyperbole is overstated.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Again, you're oversimplifying. That kind of rap does exist but it's far from the majority. Every genre has its crap. Country music has "honky tonk badonkadonk" as a legitimate bonafide hit. Rock has Nickelback. Pop has Rebecca Black. Jazz has free-form jazz. It's all about finding the good stuff.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I'm starting to think I don't even know you.

Go Sens.

The way Alfie is looking at me makes me think he feels the same way.

I am a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. There is no key.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
Again, you're oversimplifying. That kind of rap does exist but it's far from the majority. Every genre has its crap. Country music has "honky tonk badonkadonk" as a legitimate bonafide hit. Rock has Nickelback. Pop has Rebecca Black. Jazz has free-form jazz. It's all about finding the good stuff.

I'm a fan of music, period (hence my award show voting memberships), but I just cannot get into rap. I'll listen to something from everything but that genre. Rock, country, pop, blues, r&b I can jam out to. Rap is just not my thing.

BTW, country is embarrassed on honky tonk badonkadonk.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I'll give anything a listen that doesn't start with 'Green' or end with 'Day'.

Green Apple Quick Step and Thursday just aren't my thing.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
To anyone going to the game, here's some important advice on how to safely navigate the streets of NYC.

The meat of it comes in around 2:23, but you should watch the whole thing. Especially if you're on your way to a **** meeting.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Coach saying Regin could be benched for Daug according to Garrioch.

Regin played a measly 8 minutes against the Leafs.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
j4N7hKC.gif

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

Rap has produced some of the greatest albums of the 21st century.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

See that's just closed mindedness, believe it or not there is a message behind all the nonsense spoken in rap. That message is be you and don't care what people think. It is one of the best tools to building confidence you just have to open your mind and pay attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad