Post-Game Talk: FRI JAN 16 WASHINGTON NASHVILLE 8:00 PM - The Forsberg/Latta Show

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Justin Peters is Justin Peters in his last Justin Peters.

Well, when Justin Peters last Justin Peter'd in the NHL, it was 2014. Maybe Korn's fixed him. Maybe he'll realize he's fighting to stay in the NHL at this point. I'm not writing him off just yet.

chrjosric

Feb 7, 2011
Carlson and Green have been brutal to watch the past few weeks. This team will never win in the playoffs with those two idiots.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Hard loss. More so because they shouldn't have lost. Add to it that the Isles and Rags won, and it stings.

Forgot what it felt like to get angry after a loss. It's been a while.

Sad part, is even with all of the gains made the past 20 games, Caps are still not assured of anything. Not even the playoffs. A couple of more losses here going into the break, would be really bad for this team.

I hope they get the 2pts tomorrow night, and erase the taste of this one. If not, will be a tough home game before the break.:help:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
100 percent Niskanen's fought...but crap happens and sometimes teams lose. Anybody knows Holtby was not at fought....we need to clean up our own end with stupid passes lately.

Hutton stopped Ovechkin on the 3 on 1. Holtby didn't stop Neal.

Goalies are expected to close shop and give their team a chance to win, not open their legs up for easy 5 hole goal, but its not like Holtby doesn't frequently allow breakaway goals in through the 5 hole right? Never happens. Ever.

[NHL]483457[/NHL]

[NHL]584404[/NHL]

Bored of looking for more, but I thought this one is pretty funny, Holtby gets beat by a shot he saw and *****es that Carlson interfered with him even though its already in and out long before:

[NHL]477213[/NHL]

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Hutton stopped Ovechkin on the 3 on 1. Holtby didn't stop Neal.

Goalies are expected to close shop and give their team a chance to win, not open their legs up for easy 5 hole goal, but its not like Holtby doesn't frequently allow breakaway goals in through the 5 hole right? Never happens. Ever.

[NHL]483457[/NHL]

[NHL]584404[/NHL]

Bored of looking for more, but I thought this one is pretty funny, Holtby gets beat by a shot he saw and *****es that Carlson interfered with him even though its already in and out long before:

[NHL]477213[/NHL]

Hutton stopped OV because OV turned a 3 on 1 into a routine shot for himself. It was a bad decision by OV in an otherwise well played, clutch game by him. No comparison to Neal's play.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'm just glad Forsberg had 0 points, otherwise this board would be an even bigger mess right now.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Hutton re estopped Ovechkin on the 3 on 1. Holtby didn't stop Neal.

[NHL]483457[/NHL]

[NHL]584404[/NHL]

[NHL]477213[/NHL]

I cant stop laughing...at your posts...he allowed a goal thru the 5 hole after an horrific turnover ...Andre-Flurry allowed 6 goals tonight ...guess he sucks too...om g Holtby doesn't stop every shot ...we should trade him...probably won't get much value since he sucks

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
This is the happiest I have been about this team in a long long time. Even at the peak of the BB days. I hated the unstructured and undisciplined game. Winning 6-5 and give up none stop 2 on 1's and all the bad line changes. Made me crazy.

This tight well played three zone game is while I love hockey.

Its only going to get better as the kids get stronger. They are still getting pushed around like at times.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I know we need to be patient with our young guys, but man they look awful. Someone please make me feel better about Wilson. What am I missing when I see this low-skill kid? Lousy puck handling skills and not particularly strong along the boards unless he is blasting someone (and that apparently is unsustainable). What did GMGM see in him that pushed him above Forsberg on the prospect ladder? Bura I have more hope for, but he needs time. I wouldn't be broken up about it if he is sent down.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
What a gut-punch of a finish. Tomorrow suddenly becomes a big game, though traveling on back-to-backs is always rough.

Can't believe Nisky screwed up like that. He's been so solid to this point.

I expect a solid showing from Peters tomorrow. That or a 7 goal meltdown. Let's hope for the former.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Still don't trust this team's possession game and the board play of the second line sucks.

In the salary cap era, no team is perferct. This one seems pretty good. I don't think there is anything this team can do to create that trust for you but win in the playoffs and prove it to you. winning about all the games they have played for a quarter of the season or so hasn't built your confidence. it aint gonna happen.

me? I trust their game. I am just mindful that they are the caps. they will earn home ice for the first round and the same old ball begins to roll. How will they break our hearts this time?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What a gut-punch of a finish. Tomorrow suddenly becomes a big game, though traveling on back-to-backs is always rough.

Can't believe Nisky screwed up like that. He's been so solid to this point.

I expect a solid showing from Peters tomorrow. That or a 7 goal meltdown. Let's hope for the former.

Is this Dallas game really any bigger a game than it was before the Nashville game? I don't expect teams to win back end of two nights in a row with travel against a rested home team.

That they lost on the road to the team with the best record in the west doesn't prove anything negative about this team. Losing the very next night on the road again certainly won't either. I would expect the Dallas game to be a natural let down game to add to the travel and back to back.

on the bright side, it was a Niskanen goof that lead to the doom and while a shame its not a tail twister. Had it been Green this board would be in an uproar. Meanwhile 52 had two assists on the three goals and was not on the ice for a goal against again.

I say relax. don't do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad