Post-Game Talk: FRI JAN 16 WASHINGTON NASHVILLE 8:00 PM - The Forsberg/Latta Show

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Every time I watch Forsberg play tonight, I will be thinking of Oates and handedness.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Nashville wins this one 10-2: Forsberg notches his first Ovechtrick, Ribeiro pots one late and adds 7 helpers, Neal elbows Wilson in the back of the head giving him a concussion, Ovi is a -7, Lavi takes Trotz's lunch money in the tunnel after the game. Caps goals come from Green and Johansson.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
NSH has the best record in the league, but they're missing their best player. Caps are still hot. Should be a good one.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Pred's fan coming in peace.

Just wanted to stop by to wish you guys luck tonight. Trotz is expected to receive a very warm welcome at Bridgestone. The guy is 100% pure class and while the change was needed, he is missed.

I'm expecting you guys to win tonight but I'm hoping for an overtime game. Hopefully it's entertaining, injury-free and not too emotional (Trotz is a big softy).

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA

Just wanted to stop by to wish you guys luck tonight. Trotz is expected to receive a very warm welcome at Bridgestone. The guy is 100% pure class and while the change was needed, he is missed.

I'm expecting you guys to win tonight but I'm hoping for an overtime game. Hopefully it's entertaining, injury-free and not too emotional (Trotz is a big softy).

We love Trotz. :D I wonder if there will be a video tribute to him tonight. Should be a fun game, regardless.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
For a second i thought we dodged a bullet with Rinne out tonight and both Benn and Seguin banged up early this week but apparently they are healthy again. Lindback may have stolen starters spot from Lehtonen for now though.

Hoping for a good game for Trotz but Nashville has been best team in the NHL so far this season.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
If they lose tonight I don't think it will be from a lack of effort. Why are we worried about Dallas, they've got a lot of offensive flair but their D and goaltending has benn (lolpun) pretty awful.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We love Trotz. :D I wonder if there will be a video tribute to him tonight. Should be a fun game, regardless.
There will absolutely be one. I was listening to him on the radio here yesterday and he was asked how he would handle the video tribute that he knows is coming. His response was along the lines of "You know I'm a big softie with emotional things. There will probably be tears, and I might have to just lie down behind the bench so no one can see me." :laugh:

It sucks that this is our first game without Rinne and we don't know what to expect, but as of right now, I really wouldn't be all that disappointed if you guys won tonight. All signs point to a good game.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010

Did you happen to check out Road to Winter Classic on Epix? I thought the show did a very good job covering Trotz, and you're absolutely right - the guy is pure class. He came off soooo likable. I think everyone here has loved him. He might be the best to have happened to this organization since drafting Ovechkin. His attitude was needed with this organization. He's been able to change the culture so fast. Hell of a coach.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I think if the Caps don't tighten up a bit this will be a loss. Playing a damn good team and a few of the players are ex Caps, they'll be putting forth extra effort i'm sure. Then again.. we have a few of our own, man these teams have a lot of connections when you think about it.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
A loss tonight would only keep us honest. I just want to see the effort and that way if we lose we know where we are. I want to see a playoff intensity type of game.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Hope the Caps win this one but honestly --- I'm in doubt and for good reason.

Nashville is steam rolling everybody ..so....

Go Caps

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Nashville wins this one 10-2: Forsberg notches his first Ovechtrick, Ribeiro pots one late and adds 7 helpers, Neal elbows Wilson in the back of the head giving him a concussion, Ovi is a -7, Lavi takes Trotz's lunch money in the tunnel after the game. Caps goals come from Green and Johansson.

You forgot Latta locking his keys in his car and never making it to the rink.

But I think the rest of it is dead-on accurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad